Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Some interesting news on this topic... At the factory recently, I learned that they'll be putting the Ghost lineup on the 26k DuraStar chassis with air suspension and air brakes. So it looks like they're hearing this from prospective customers too. This will position the Ghost directly up against the Seneca.

Also learned that they're taking the existing Ghost floorplans and putting them on a diet, then turning them into Phantom SC units still on TerraStar.

We drove a 32SC, and were quite pleased with it. Perhaps the air ride would be better, but didn't seem worth the extra $$$ to us. We could always put a SuperRide on it later like the Gulfstream folks used to do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #16

Good choice I had many problems with the quality of the coach after I drove sll the way to Elkhart to make a trade. They were very annoyed and nasty when I did not buy. Beware of them being nice before uou huy hut when you don't watch out! I have never been trested so badly

Old 11-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #17

You may want to do more research if your thinking about a Seneca. It is a nice coach but to the best of my knowledge it does not have air suspension or brakes. The air assist parking brake is deceiving. If that is what you want, currently, I think the Dynamax is your only option.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznancy View Post
Good choice I had many problems with the quality of the coach after I drove sll the way to Elkhart to make a trade. They were very annoyed and nasty when I did not buy. Beware of them being nice before uou huy hut when you don't watch out! I have never been trested so badly
Wow! I didn't experience that at al when I dealt with Mike Rohn while there. We toured the factory, we sat down to discuss the P&S agreement, but at the last minute I backed out because I just wasn't comfortable with taking on more debt. But we never felt any pressure or annoyance on their part towards us. It makes me wonder what kind of service we would get from them had we bought given the way that they treated you.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozr View Post
You may want to do more research if your thinking about a Seneca. It is a nice coach but to the best of my knowledge it does not have air suspension or brakes. The air assist parking brake is deceiving. If that is what you want, currently, I think the Dynamax is your only option.
Jayco website clearly states an air ride suspension and exhaust brake. If I said air brake, I was being imprecise. I meant some other brake than just the service brakes.

Anyway for me, I'm saying they're not worth the extra money for us, so we're happy without them.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #20

We documented on this forum before so I hope I am not repeating myself! I just want to give potential customers as well as new owners our personal experience with this company and about our particular RV.

We purchased a Nexus Ghost 36 this past year and had a really nice experience. But, we believe that our fuel tanks are smaller than is listed on the website as well as what we were told. This question still has not been answered. They are supposed to be saddle 40 gal tanks but we believe they are 30 gallon. Also, the truck chassis is a 2013 but the RV itself is labeled as a 2015 Nexus which we did not know until we received the truck title many months later.

Just a couple other things to note: The drawers under the bunks do not have sufficient latches to keep the drawers closed while driving. They are constantly opening on turns...not good. We have tried several fixes but realized the drawers tracks were never inserted properly in the factory. They wanted to have this fixed at a local RV service center but we decided to fix ourselves.

The king size bed is way too soft and very bouncy. We will be switching it out this year. This is our fault because this particular aspect of our RV is very important but we never asked. We purchased the RV before ever being in it which is very risky. Nexus sent us pictures of our coach in process so we felt confident at the time we were getting what we were buying. But we never asked about this!

The over cab bed is really only for kids and teens. The middle portion of the bed is not sturdy enough to hold an adult or two. It is made of a hard cardboard instead of wood. Also, a ladder does not work well on this. Plus, the cab bed is really high which make it difficult for an adult to climb up on. The bunks are also a bit small for adults, which is normal although the bottom bunk works well In a pinch. Again, the top bunk is really high and using a ladder is difficult for an adult to get in the bunk without hitting their head. No pocket doors between the bunks and the master bedroom and in between the bunks and the living area. This could present a problem if you are a private person. We rigged a spring shower rod with a nice cloth curtain for the one area. The bathroom is VERY small so no room to dry off and change after a shower with the door closed. There is plenty of storage space but no pantry. If you are not 6'5, you will need a stool to get to the bins! The only other thing we wish we had is bigger outside bins like the Senaca. The Nexus bins are like a regular c class; opening up. When the front air conditioner is on, the condensation drains onto the awning, leaving a huge puddle that eventually needs to be removed. Yikes! The back air conditioner drains down the side of the RV. We believe there should be a channeling system off of the roof.

There were a few other issues we had which were resolved by Nexus. But recently, We winterized our RV and had a question about the Instahot system but haven't received an answer yet. The information provided in their materials do not discuss this. I hope everything will be working properly in the Spring!

Despite all of this, We really like the RV. We appreciated that they spend time customizing it for the customer. You can't get that with another dealer unless you are spending a lot of money. We tow a 4door jeep and have had no problems with that. We have the option of removing the 2 euro chairs (instead of a couch) to make room for dog beds and that worked out great for us.

We have realized there is no perfect RV unless you spent alot of money. Thanks for allowing me to post. Any questions, comments are appreciated.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine23 View Post
We believe that our fuel tanks are smaller than is listed on the website as well as what we were told. This question still has not been answered. They are supposed to be saddle 40 gal tanks but we believe they are 30 gallon.
Great info, thanks for sharing!

I've been doing a ton of research on the NeXus Super C's. The stock fuel tanks which come on the Terrastar are listed as 40-gallon from Navistar. So if Navistar were over-stating their fuel capacity, I'd have expected an uproar on the commercial market where these trucks sell normally.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #22

When figuring your fuel are you going by the gauge or the gallons used. If your going by the gauge they are notoriously inaccurate. Also keep in mind the gauge is reading from one tank not both so if you have a 1/4 tank left you don't have 10 gallons you have 20 gallons, ten in each.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #23

Thanks for the info. Such a great source.

Anyway, we checked the saddle tanks under the truck. We couldn't read the model number well but we were able to see 40/151 so that, to us, means a 40 gallon fuel tank.

Usually when we are at a 1/4 tank, we refill each side for about 23-25 gallons each time which made us think we had a 30 gallon. The mystery has been solved!

So anyone out there have experiences with an Instahot hot water system?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #24

It would be nice to have a Nexus Owners Forum like the other brands, wouldn't it??
Old 12-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #25

What's the problem with the instahot?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
For the instahot, did you try the manufacturer's web site for a better manual? Or call the manufacturer directly? For example, the Atwood on demand heater has a whole section in their manual about how to winterize it.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...2-07-09-13.pdf
Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #27

We were inquiring about winterizing the Instahot and did receive an email back from Nexus. Apparently the contact person there is no longer working for the company (oops). No wonder she didn't get back to us!

Great idea about the getting the Manual on line though, duh, should have thought of that.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #28

Any thoughts on how to prevent the AC condensation from draining onto the awning causing a huge puddle? This was an issue for us this year in our new Nexus Ghost 36G. We didn't have this problem with the Jayco Greyhawk. The Greyhawk had draining gutters. The Ghost front AC unit drains onto the awning and the the rear AC unit just drains down the right side of the rv.

Tags
forum