Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #1

Any Nexus Super C owners on the Forum?

Just curious if there is any Nexus Super C owners on the forum to exchange ideas and thoughts

Thanks

Mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #2

Hello Mike I do not have a super c from Nexus. But I do have a 2015 30ft phantom c from Nexus .

Old 10-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike, my wife and I took a trip from Ma. To a Elkhart, In. To specifically look at the Nexus Ghost. We were given s factory tour by Mike Rohn who is a wonderful fellow. At the last minute I got cold feet. Not because of the Ghost but because of the debt incurred by me. I wasn't comfortable. But I have looked, and continue to look for comments, posts, like you are doing in the hopes of getting some feedback on them. Good luck.
Jim
'08 NJ
Ma.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #4

I'm putting together an in depth review on the Nexus 32 SC. I'm doing it in two parts, first the chassis and second the coach itself. Please check back!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Nexus .jpg
Views:	1286
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	76421  
Old 10-13-2014, 03:14 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
I'm putting together an in depth review on the Nexus 32 SC. I'm doing it in two parts, first the chassis and second the coach itself. Please check back!

Mike
Great!! Thanks for that undertaking. Looking forward to reading it.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #6

Decided not to

We toured the factory as well. Very nice people but definitely a lower budget operation. We found it difficult to get any follow-up to your questions. In the end we said "no" and bought a Dynamax. This decision was mainly based on the fact that I caledl many International dealers and could not find one to give a positive review for the engine (Maxx Force 7) that Nexus uses. They also do don't use an air ride or air brake chassis for that weight of a coach.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozr View Post
We toured the factory as well. Very nice people but definitely a lower budget operation. We found it difficult to get any follow-up to your questions. In the end we said "no" and bought a Dynamax. This decision was mainly based on the fact that I caledl many International dealers and could not find one to give a positive review for the engine (Maxx Force 7) that Nexus uses. They also do don't use an air ride or air brake chassis for that weight of a coach.
Thanks for taking the tme to folow up on this. Yes, I too frlt that their operation was lower budget as campared to the Jayco factory that we also toured. I will reserve judgement after reading this from you. I don't know of any group of Nexus Ghost owners that could give good feedback.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozr View Post
We had problems earlier this year with responses to follow-up questions. But I will say that I feel that this is pretty much par with many of the dealers we have dealt with. Standing alone, this type of situation is not always a deal breaker for us.

As far a low budget, I believe that they have a certain price point and demographic they are trying to meet. This is what I believe Thor is doing with their F-550 Super C. This is not necessarily a bad thing, its just they are trying to find their niche and attract a customer that can't afford a Jayco or Dynamax (both of which are in a completely different league).
Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
We had problems earlier this year with responses to follow-up questions. But I will say that I feel that this is pretty much par with many of the dealers we have dealt with. Standing alone, this type of situation is not always a deal breaker for us.

As far a low budget, I believe that they have a certain price point and demographic they are trying to meet. This is what I believe Thor is doing with their F-550 Super C. This is not necessarily a bad thing, its just they are trying to find their niche and attract a customer that can't afford a Jayco or Dynamax (both of which are in a completely different league).
A different league as far as being a better product? In what way, if that is what you mean. Just curious.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #10
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
A different league as far as being a better product? In what way, if that is what you mean. Just curious.
The others have an exhaust brake (a biggy for me) and air ride which add to the vehicle. The Maxx Force engine has its roots in the Ford Power Stroke which concerned me at first, but from what I have read, it should not be an issue (though there are others that will argue differently). I think the two look nicer inside. Other than that, it would be like trying to decide to buy a car or its more expensive cousin. Its a matter of personal choice and $$$.

We haven't bought yet (life has thrown us some curves) but it is on our short list.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
The others have an exhaust brake (a biggy for me) and air ride which add to the vehicle. The Maxx Force engine has its roots in the Ford Power Stroke which concerned me at first, but from what I have read, it should not be an issue (though there are others that will argue differently). I think the two look nicer inside. Other than that, it would be like trying to decide to buy a car or its more expensive cousin. Its a matter of personal choice and $$$.

We haven't bought yet (life has thrown us some curves) but it is on our short list.
Thanks Ed, I am not too familiar with air brakes and an air ride, but they sound like something that if I were accustomed to them, I wouldn't want to be without them. I have since cooled my jets on the Nexus Ghost but my wife really liked it.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #12

I will say I've owned a number of air ride coach's; Winnebago, American Dream, Tiffin Breeze - etc. and the ride on these International and Freighliner chassis is as good as a air bag ride with "0" maintenance.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
I will say I've owned a number of air ride coach's; Winnebago, American Dream, Tiffin Breeze - etc. and the ride on these International and Freighliner chassis is as good as a air bag ride with "0" maintenance.
Point taken Idleup, and if the rides are about equal with zero maintenance, then it seems like there can be a beneficial cost savings by doing without them. I have never driven anything with air brakes/suspension before so I really don't know.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #14

Air suspension is huge for the passengers. And also the longevity of the coach. I test drove a Gulf Stream super nova without air suspension and I thought it was great till I talked to the passengers. I guess the bounce was amazing. My brother laid on the bed and said he caught air several times. Logically if it's bouncing around the coach will eventually shake itself to death. If your going to spend that much money do it right the first time. Air brakes are definitely better. We don't have them I have felt a little under powered but haven't had any problems. I have driven equipment with them and they definitely have more breaking power. We looked at the nexus before buying the Seneca it seemed fine it was just built to a price point that I would have felt like we weren't taking a step up from the C that we had.

Tags
forum