Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Any opinions on Winnebago Aspect 30J?

I am a newbie looking at a 2016 winnebago aspect 30J. Any opinions or any aspect owners willing to share their experiences? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

seaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't have any experience with that RV, but here are some previous threads on the 30J... CLICK HERE!

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
Aspect 30j

We picked up our 2015 Aspect in March and hit the road immediately! We love it! The size is perfect,the reclining sofa is comfy,the storage both inside and out is good .We put over 7,000 miles on her this spring/summer and are letting her rest till we go back out in 2wks! On our trip around the county we stopped in the factory in Iowa to see how she was made great tour! And the people are super in the maintenance dept!
Would highly recommend this model and by the way we get a ton of compliments on how she looks on the outside!
Btswrkn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
I bought a 30J 2015 in April custom ordered. It's got a few issues I'd change but for the most part I love it. We just returned Friday from a 32 night 5200 mile trip from Illinois out to Seattle and down the coast and back home. So I've got recent experience.

The slides have been perfect. The jacks are perfect. The frig is great. We got the dual recliners and love them. The walk around queen air bed is OK. The shower is big enough. The black tank goes easily 5 days with no conservation. We don't camp without sewer much. The gray tanks would probably go 3 days with conservation. The fit and finish is good. I opted for the non full body paint and have NO REGRETS. I would post a pic but I'm too dumb.

I love the rear hatch. Storage is more than needed. That being said, I weighed it and will have to be cautious not to overload the rear axle.

I could go on and on about the plusses. I will mention the things I would change if I could.

I would put a 2nd AC in and make the coach 50 amp. The AC works OK but just OK in 100 degree weather and no shade. I had 3 days of that scenario and wan't particularly happy with low 80s in mid afternoon.

The cabinets were a worry for my wife. She cooks a lot. The counter tops are adequate but could be bigger.

The dinette cushions have to be removed to hinge the seats up. That drives her crazy because she uses that storage for a lot of cooking stuff.

There is a known issue with the ITC LED's in the ceiling. They are burning out like crazy. WBG knows there's a problem and evidently ITC does too. I've changed out 7 and one of them has gone bad already. I hear from another current thread that ITC is extending the warranty on them to 3 years although I cannot personally confirm that.

The front TV should hinge toward the recliners instead of the dinette. A mistake WBG should fix.

The rear TV is 12 volt and uses coax to get feed to the back. I can't imagine the rear TV isn't a cheap regular TV but it works and I guess it's not that big of a deal.Why not run HDMI back there?

The Ford chassis is big enough. It drives good enough stock that I don't think I will do anything other than possibly sway bars or heavier shocks. It rocks and rolls more than I like when going over curbs etc. Not a big deal. It tracks well. In our 12 years with 3 motorhomes, this is the first one my wife would drive. She took some 2 hour stints behind the wheel and didn't complain.

The Ford transmission is a screamer. You will find that you have to give up on the speed control on big hills and mountains. Towing my 5000 lb explorer, it's slow over mountain passes but it's not problem enough for me to want to go to a diesel.
I got as low as 6.8 in hills with the generator on. I got as high as 9.2 with the gen. off and a tail wind in Nebraska. My guess is I averaged about 8 for the whole trip. If I can get through the possibility of warranty issues, I may add the 5 star tune to help the shift pattern. Although, I've learned how to drive it and it's not nearly the issue I thought it was going to be.

And, it needs an oil change and I don't have to deal with highway robbery at Freightliner. My local Ford dealer will change the oil for under $50.

The generator seems to be overheating when I turn it off. I think it vapor locked on a 100 degree day when it had run all afternoon. I cooled it down 7 or 8 minutes with no load and shut it off. I had problems with shore power and tried to restart in about 10 minutes and it wouldn't start. Onan thinks it was vapor locked and doesn't like the WBG has exhausted it. That's on my list to deal with.

No black tank flush. They may have changed that for 16

No key fob to open the doors. Why not. They are electric. I'll fix that later too.

Contact me directly if you have any questions. hodges97@gmail.com

I have no very few regrets and would buy it again.
Mine came from Reliable in Springfield, MO. Salesman was Rick Muller. They did a good job and I had a short punch list last week and they were on time and professional.
Dick and Pamela Hearon Hodges
Anna, IL and Titusville, FL
2015 30J Itasca Cambria
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #5
There is an Aspect Forumhttp://aspectcambria.proboards.com/

It's not real active but you will be happy with the lack of negativity. There are 5 of these on my street at my winter home in Florida and everybody is happy.
Dick and Pamela Hearon Hodges
Anna, IL and Titusville, FL
2015 30J Itasca Cambria
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote