Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can put it on its own circuit, room in panel for an extra breaker. Still have to watch amps as you are on 30 amp system. Never had a problem so far, did pop breaker on generator, but had air on and microwave and then wife decided to brew coffee, had nothing to do with hottrod.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #16

I have had the 2012 Tioga Ranger since March and have spent 3 full weeks And several weekend with my family. We have put 5000 miles on the unit and have had a few minor warranty issue to deal with but most of it revolved around setup by the dealer. Really not worth complaining about. Most if not all of the kinks are worked out.

A couple of things worth mentioning is the location of the fresh water tank valve is almost impossible to move (we drain after every trip) and the AC unit has a tough time keeping up with the summer temperatures. I would consider a second AC unit, however, our rear room has a hide away bed in the ceiling and it wouldn't work. I wonder if a larger capacity would work?

We had the hot rod installed at the time of purchase as our TT had the dual fuel system and enjoyed it. Additionally we installed a new shower head, Sirius radio (see prior post), floor mats, and a few other do dads like the fridge fan. All with the investment.

I can't disagree with those who have mentioned the keyless entry and blue tooth!

Did anyone have to adjust the TV/surround wiring around? We couldn't listen to the TV on the surround and with a quick few changes to the wires we now have full use of the surround system.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had some trouble with the cable coax bring in good reception, but was a bad cable. No problem with surround sound.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Tioga, Jamboree and Jamboree Sport all similar, if not same, are they just different factories or what?
I think (and I could be wrong) they are just different sizes (sport would be shorter) and trim levels (Tioga vs Jamboree).
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Purchased a 2012 31m, looking for thoughts, gripes, upgrades, bitches or praise, anything that a new owner would benefit from knowing.
When I was looking the Tioga and Jamboree seemed to very nice with a pretty good list of options available.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30
I have had the 2012 Tioga Ranger since March and have spent 3 full weeks And several weekend with my family. We have put 5000 miles on the unit and have had a few minor warranty issue to deal with but most of it revolved around setup by the dealer. Really not worth complaining about. Most if not all of the kinks are worked out.

A couple of things worth mentioning is the location of the fresh water tank valve is almost impossible to move (we drain after every trip) and the AC unit has a tough time keeping up with the summer temperatures. I would consider a second AC unit, however, our rear room has a hide away bed in the ceiling and it wouldn't work. I wonder if a larger capacity would work?

We had the hot rod installed at the time of purchase as our TT had the dual fuel system and enjoyed it. Additionally we installed a new shower head, Sirius radio (see prior post), floor mats, and a few other do dads like the fridge fan. All with the investment.

I can't disagree with those who have mentioned the keyless entry and blue tooth!

Did anyone have to adjust the TV/surround wiring around? We couldn't listen to the TV on the surround and with a quick few changes to the wires we now have full use of the surround system.
I have the same problem with the surround sound. It will work with the DVD but will not work with the TV. Dealer told me it was normal. I don't believe them, so if you could advise on what wires you switched would be great. I also have a bad coax going to the rear TV. I switched cables around at the switch box to make sure the problem wasn't the box and no luck there. I also agree the AC could be stronger. I tried closing down the return lovers to force more air to the vents. It helped a little. Then I closed down the bedroom vents to two vice four and also closed the bathroom vents. This forces more are up front and helped a lot. I also agree the fresh water tank valve is deep in the bay and if you have any size belly, you will struggle. What I haven't found is the water bypass valve which allows you to fill the fresh water tank through the city water hookup. The sticker on the inside of the service door talks about it.

Dutch
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, you are right about the surround sound. I will research it. I fixed rear cable by splitting it where it comes in coach. Ran coax to rear tv directly. I abandoned the cable/video box center all together except for outside radio hook- up. That box is crap, causes alot of snow.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman
Wow, you are right about the surround sound. I will research it. I fixed rear cable by splitting it where it comes in coach. Ran coax to rear tv directly. I abandoned the cable/video box center all together except for outside radio hook- up. That box is crap, causes alot of snow.
Speaking of outside radio, I get no signal. I removed it to make sure there is an antenna hooked up and there is. Does it go through the box also? I have never ran wires. Do they all feed through the ceiling? Is it easy to run them?
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Run your antenna up all the way and set that cable/video box to external tv button pushed in. Go turn on your outside radio and tune in to station. Should work, if not, make sure you have 12v power running that cable/video box. That is done by being plugged in to 30 amp power. If not plugged in then you have to have house batteries on. There is an inline fuse running up from the 12v line that plugs into that cable/video box. Make sure that is not blown.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #24

I don't think you can fill the fresh water tank from the city hook up but I'm going to check again. It would certainly be convenient. As to the TV sound playing in the stereo (and keeping the switch box) it requires you to abandon the use of the HDMI wire and use a new RCA cable with audio/video out to the switch box. . The Sony system will then operate all sound including the tv. It does require you to use the TV menu and shut off the tv speakers, however, if you want to use those in the evening it's easy to toggle them on and off. You should also keep you TV volume to its highest level.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Sony Surround Sound unit has no inputs for HDMI, only outputs to the TV. It has a stereo input from the tv output. How does that turn into 5.1 surround sound? (2012 Tioga Ranger)
By the way, the comments on Amazon say that some of these Sony units, with the same model number, have input hdmi receptacles, and some do not. Sony shipped them both ways! Mine does not.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
I see no way to fill fresh water tank from city water hook up either. I think it could be modified fairly easy though.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unfortunately, I have no HDMI either from the TV to the Switch Box. Actually, I can get audio from the TV through the surround sound but no video. I do not have my MH here at my house to look at. I plan to have here next week and will be going to look at all of this again.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did I misunderstand the decal inside the service door? Mine talks about winterizing and filling the fresh water tank from city water.