Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Any owners or thoughts on the Fleetwood Jamboree Sport?

Purchased a 2012 31m, looking for thoughts, gripes, upgrades, bitches or praise, anything that a new owner would benefit from knowing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #2

I would like to know myself. We are seriously considering the purchase of a 31N if things don't get finally repaired with our current coach. Our current coach has spent more time at the dealership than it has camping or at our storage lot.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
So far I have had no serious problems. Really, nothing to complain about. Build quality seems good, everything works. Replaced the queen mattress with a much better one. The flat screen tv in back not the best picture, but not really expensive to upgrade. Dealer had put anti-tamper screws in license plate holders, kinda sucked when my plates came in, but other than that, no real complaints. Shower door leaked some, but clear caulk solved that. Couple things I would have liked better, like electric option on hot water heater, locking cab doors on a key fob, nicer cockpit seats and some floor mats driver area. Overall, pretty pleased.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fourth trip out and no problems what so ever. Jamboree has been solid as a rock.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
So far I have had no serious problems. Really, nothing to complain about. Build quality seems good, everything works. Replaced the queen mattress with a much better one. The flat screen tv in back not the best picture, but not really expensive to upgrade. Dealer had put anti-tamper screws in license plate holders, kinda sucked when my plates came in, but other than that, no real complaints. Shower door leaked some, but clear caulk solved that. Couple things I would have liked better, like electric option on hot water heater, locking cab doors on a key fob, nicer cockpit seats and some floor mats driver area. Overall, pretty pleased.
Yes, extras you mention would have been nice. Other than that no complaints.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have a 2012 Tioga Ranger and really do not see the difference between it and the Jamboree Sport. We love it. We are in British Columbia on our way to Alaska for the summer with no complaints on it.
Milasman, add a Camco electric heater rod in the drain tube for $80 and it works great! It takes about 45 minutes to get hot but good recovery time and we get two showers out of it easy with no loss of hot water.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
You read my mind, installed Hott Rod.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Installing a Hott Rod or other supplemental heating unit will void the warranty if there still is one. I've installed two of them myself, didn't worry about the warranty as there wasn't any by the time I got around to it.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tioga, Jamboree and Jamboree Sport all similar, if not same, are they just different factories or what?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bought my 2012 Jamboree 31m and have made three trips with it in the last two months. Overall a great unit. I like the outside storage. Inside storage not too bad. Bought a three inch foam topper for the bed and works great. Salesman told me the hot water heater was gas/elec. He lied. Wish I had both. Get a bit of sway going down the highway which can wear you out over time. Read several posts here and folks recommend a heavier sway bar with Bilstein shocks. Agree with Milasman about the Cab. I think for the money, they could have upgraded the cab with at least remote key entry and better seats with more adjustment. Bluetooth wold be nice to have as well when you are heading down the road. Overall, I love the unit.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This Hott Rod I hear about, all the ones I see plug into a 110 volt outlet. Is this the way they come,or do they have any that wire into the water heater controller?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same unit. After five months, I think I have it the way I want it and hopefully all the bugs are worked out. I installed a Hottrod unit in my water heater, wired in permanent with a red switch, works great. I replaced the mattress all together with a Sterns and Foster. Purchased floor mats for driver/passenger area. Clear caulked shower and replaced shower head. No leaks and better shower. I have noticed some sway in the rig while going down the road, but don't feel it is worth shocks and sway bar yet. Probably put a few more miles on it before I make that decision. I might look into some Timbrens to control sway on turns and help with squat when towing Corolla. Installed a front hitch for my bicycle rack when rear hitch has toad connected. Love this coach, no real huge problems so far, just a few ankle biters. Worst was leak behind the shower were the water hose connects. You have to remove kitchen counter back splash to access the access hole to tighten them up. I would suggest buying a pack of plastic ties and getting under coach and securing the many wire runs under there. Fleetwood didn't do such a good job of that. I also caulked every seam that looked unfinished. Comfortable once parked, A/C is working great, fridge & microwave good. Outside radio sometimes turns itself on when hooking up or disconnecting from power. Gas mileage only around 6 mpg at best, but have not really run out a full tank of full at highway speeds.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I installed a circuit breaker into the panel and wired my Hottrod from there to the switch that you can buy from same company. Put the rod into the drain hole and routed the wire into the coach thru the black grommet that the gas line goes thru. Used black high temp caulk around that area and around the thermostat. You could mount the switch under the sink or put it over by the entry light switches. Pretty easy really, just pull out the drawer under the stove and bottom drawer above circuit panel. Everything right there.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfreiberger View Post
This Hott Rod I hear about, all the ones I see plug into a 110 volt outlet. Is this the way they come,or do they have any that wire into the water heater controller?
Totally separate unit, have to wire them in and install the thermostat on the inside of the rig but on the outside of the water heater. The heating element itself replaces the drain plug or annode depending on which WH you have.
I wired the ones I did with a regular household switch with a red light to show it was on. That takes an extra wire but easy to do. You do have to watch which circuit you add the wiring to as it's easy to overload one, especially in a 30 amp unit.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote