Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 AM   #29

Storage?

I love the basement storage in my class A. C's have less storage for the length, don't they?
philnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #30

We selected a Super C over a class A. Safety, handling, ease of maintenance, availability of parts, and access to service facilities were some of the reasons. However, once we started shopping Super Cs, we discovered truck conversions. Ultimately, the TC became our new (to us) motorhome.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #31

When we decided to move up to a motorhome, we went through the class A vs C discussion and talked to friends who had class A's. The deciding factor for us was actually several points: 1) what I am able to work on and not able to. As simple as changing a tire, no way am I going to wrestle a class A tire. 2) Overall maintenance cost. Class A's are definitely more expensive to have serviced and replacement parts are pricey. 3) Size - this was a several point issue for us in that A; we prefer staying in NF and BLM campgrounds which normally have a 27' limit and B) where are we going to store it? With out Class C MBS 2400R, it will fit inside my shop, protected and out of the weather. All these factors moved us to the class C rather than a more spacious Class A. And we just spent 3 weeks in the class A traveling around the western states with our small dog and it was perfect!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
And we just spent 3 weeks in the class A traveling around the western states with our small dog and it was perfect!
I think you meant to say class C, not A?
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #33

You took the words right out of my mouth........High Desert.......
Scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #34

Anyone choose a Class C over an A?

Our 1st 2 motor homes were class A diesel pushers as we were full-timing. They had lots of room and storage capacity which you need while full-timing. One was a 34' and the other a 40' and my wife drove both with no problem. When we decided to move into a home in Florida we decided we didn't need the large class A so we traded our 40' in for a 27' class C. We bought a new Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS and we love it. Doesn't have the room our 40' did but it's fine for trips and get sways. We have spent over 2 months in it this summer and we are plenty comfortable. Our RV has side by side recliners and a U shaped dinette. Kitchen is small but fully functional, a queen size bed with space on either side and a small bathroom with shower. It is on a Ford E450 chassis with auto leveling jacks, and a 4K gas generator. It has enough storage for what we need. Mpg varies from 7.5 to 9.5 towing a Subaru Forester 4 down. Maintenance is a lot cheaper being a Ford gas engine. We are very happy with our choice to downsize to the class C. It is easier to drive and we don't have search for truck stops for gas like we did with the class A DPs.
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 PM   #35

We bought a class c Ford 450 3 years ago and are very happy. I added Hellwig anti-sway bars, Bilstien heavy duty shocks and set the caster at +5 degrees. We are happy with the setup. I'm living in it right now.
pattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #36

I loved both of my class A's but DW hated the big windshield view. My 1st MH was a C and now I have a rare Safari C. It has as much storage outside and inside as my 2007 34ft Itasca A, has leveling jacks, hardwood flooring and large corian counters and ice maker and 4 coach batteries! You can find what you love in an A, in a C, if you look!
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #37

Smile Class C over Class A dp

Loved our Newmar 40' Dutch Star dp for 9 years. Wanted something smaller, easier to drive, park, access smaller camping areas. Choose Winnebago View V floor plan. No regrets. 15-16 mpg, wife drives, never would have driven the class A. C is just right for us.
Sludge McGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludge McGra View Post
Loved our Newmar 40' Dutch Star dp for 9 years. Wanted something smaller, easier to drive, park, access smaller camping areas. Choose Winnebago View V floor plan. No regrets. 15-16 mpg, wife drives, never would have driven the class A. C is just right for us.
Wow!!! You've waited exactly 7 years for just the right thread for your first post. Looking forward to your next post in September of 2024.

We looked at the View ourselves, but the wife wanted something bigger. However, I have a nephew who is looking for something that size...they seem like nice motorhomes.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #39

I had a Foretravel for 16 years and 360k miles. I just sold it in January and bought a Class C. It ix simpler to run and operate and easier as well. Loading and unloading no car towing and easy of getting into and out of places. I would say if I was going to winter I would have kept the 42 foot Foretravel but since I am not planning on spending the winter in the south I decided to sell it. I just got back from 5 weeks on the road. IT works very well and opens up lots of options to use it differently.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
Wow!!! You've waited exactly 7 years for just the right thread for your first post. Looking forward to your next post in September of 2024.

We looked at the View ourselves, but the wife wanted something bigger. However, I have a nephew who is looking for something that size...they seem like nice motorhomes.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 AM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Class A to a big C Dynamax Dx3 for safety and ease of maintaince
Old 03-31-2018, 05:40 PM   #42

Had a 28' Safari Trek class A. Owned it for several years, a 1996 model. Great floor plan and storage. Terrible handling on the P30/32 chassis. Most of the "Mods" we're done on the chassis. Sold it and bought a 2005 Itasca Cambria. Love everything about it. Great handling and comfortable. Only wish now it had sold the Trek and bought the Cambria years before
texkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c