Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone install the swivel seats in an older Navion?

When my wife and I were looking at the Navions, I really liked the fact that the Navion IQ had the seats that fully swiveled which allowed for the driver and passenger to be part of the living room. It was a great utilization of space, I felt. My wife, on the otherhand like the Navion with the Queen sized bed above the cockpit. She wanted the extra bedroom. So that is what we purchased. She won out, she usually does!
Anyway, we are thinking about purchasing the swivel seats and installing them in our Itasca. Has anyone done this? Are you happy with having done it? Id sure like to know that it worked out well for you so we can do it also.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #2

We have just bought a 2008 Navion and another poster directed us to The Sprinter Store for the necessary parts to complete the conversion. Have you done your conversion yet? We have located a shop here in Clarksville, TN to do it for us. We'd like to hear from you either way.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike n Sue View Post
We have just bought a 2008 Navion and another poster directed us to The Sprinter Store for the necessary parts to complete the conversion. Have you done your conversion yet? We have located a shop here in Clarksville, TN to do it for us. We'd like to hear from you either way.
I haven't Mike & Sue. I was hoping to get some reassuring input from folks saying that it works great but you are the only person to respond to this post, so I held off. The dealer informed me that it could be done and I went to the Sprinter Accessories Store and saw that they indeed sold them. But I am having reservations. For instance, when I look at he driver and passenger seats I imagine them doing a 360 degree swivel and it seems like it won't be possible. Like swiveling to the right on the passenger side the occupant might not clear the door. Of course I have no way of knowing this for sure and in all reality, so what if they can't swing outward, so long as they can swivel 180 degrees to face the interior is really all that matters.
But yeah, I would like to have them for sure. I just wish that someone else would give their own anecdotal experience first.
Please let me know how you make out and I'll do likewise, okay?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #4

We called The Sprinter Store to order our parts Monday and were told that they ship from Germany and for some reason they have a waiting list for them. He told us he had some customers on the list since January. We went on the list and will do at a minimum the passenger seat and then determine if we'll do the driver's seat. The conversion raises the seats 1 5/8". If you hear any more negative texts, get back with us also. We'll let u know how it goes whenever!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I sure will let you know if I hear anything. Isn't it odd that there is a waiting list since January and yet not one person, other than you, on this forum ((which has a huge following ) chimed in with some input. One would think that with a waiting list that they would be somewhat popular. Now I suspect that they are waiting to fill dome orders.
And yes, please keep me on the loop because my wife wants those swivel seats.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #6

Horizon chase, we recently learned of another dealer for these conversion kits -- in Myrtle Beach, SC. We ordered them on Thursday and will let you know soon as they are installed how they turn out. Have you located anyone locally to install them?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Horizon chase, we recently learned of another dealer for these conversion kits -- in Myrtle Beach, SC. We ordered them on Thursday and will let you know soon as they are installed how they turn out. Have you located anyone locally to install them?
I haven't Mike n Sue. I guess my enthusiasm waned when I didn't get not one response to this thread that I posted, except for your response. Now my interest is rekindled. Yes, please get back to me and let me know how you make out. If you are completely satisfied ( and I sincerely hope that you are ) then by all means drop me a line and tell me so and most likely I will follow suit and get the swivel seat also. And like yourself I'd probably get the passenger one first.
Again, thanks for keeping me in the loop.
Jim
Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #8

Here is a group with a Mountain of experience with the View/Navion. I have been following it for a while and now have a 2013 Navion 24M on order. I have seen many posts regarding the Swivel conversion. It must work because they now come Standard on the new units.....
View-Navion : Winnebago's Skinnie-Winnies
Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinjunior View Post
Here is a group with a Mountain of experience with the View/Navion. I have been following it for a while and now have a 2013 Navion 24M on order. I have seen many posts regarding the Swivel conversion. It must work because they now come Standard on the new units.....
View-Navion : Winnebago's Skinnie-Winnies
Thank you for this. I have successfully joined the group.
I like the fact that it is Winnebago/Navion specific.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #10

I installed a passenger swivel seat in my 2007 Navion and it was a breeze! It really made a huge difference having the extra usable seat facing the living area. I would definetly recommend the upgrade!
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse View Post
I installed a passenger swivel seat in my 2007 Navion and it was a breeze! It really made a huge difference having the extra usable seat facing the living area. I would definetly recommend the upgrade!
Where did you purchase it from if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #12

Hello-

It was 5 years ago but I believe it was The Sprinter Store and I can remember waiting several months. I think I paid 250. for the swivel. I also remember it being quite heavy.
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #13

Smile Swivel seats

We picked up our Navion today with the swivel seats installed. So far we love them.We had both seats done. It's a little close because of the dinette set behind the drivers seat.But it's worth it to utilize the seats into the coach.The 24 j has no chairs.Hope this helps you.Mike and Sue
Old 08-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse View Post
Hello-

It was 5 years ago but I believe it was The Sprinter Store and I can remember waiting several months. I think I paid 250. for the swivel. I also remember it being quite heavy.
A sign of good quality? Thanks for that info. I'm going to check out the Sprinter Store.

Quote:
We picked up our Navion today with the swivel seats installed. So far we love them.We had both seats done. It's a little close because of the dinette set behind the drivers seat.But it's worth it to utilize the seats into the coach.The 24 j has no chairs.Hope this helps you.Mike and Sue
Funhouse ( the post before yours) seemed to get a good heavy duty seat from the Springer Store for $250.00. Is it reasonable for me to expect to pay somewhere around $800. to buy two of them and pay for installation? Those seats really open up the living area and change the whole living room dynamics. Hope you are truly satisfied with them.
Jim

Tags
install