Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
Anyone remodel their class C dinette slide ?

As the title states thinking of remodeling my current slide dinette.
The cushions are showing wear and foam is breaking down. The seating has never been a comfortable place to sit for any length of time. Rebuilding with a more firm foam would likely help but the overall design is flawed.

The entire dinette sits on the 42"x80" slide. The entire dinette system could be removed with about 20 screws and 10 bolts that hold the seat belts. Leaving a 42x80 clean slate.

I have seen a few posts on other sites where a RV sofa or two recliner sitting was used. Also wondering several RV dealers shows that very few RV's have comfortable seating in the class C market. Many are stapled 1x2 crap lumber and just slapped together.

Wondering around the internet I can purchase a complete dinette like this one with storage. There is a chance it might not be any better than my current system as far a function and design. Obviously it would be new foam and ultra leather.

Sunday looks like their site is down for maintenance?

My other thought was two comfortable chairs with the existing table as a solution. Seat belts are not a concern as this seating would only be used while parked. I would save the existing dinette and it could be put back in place for future resale.

Anyone been there done that ?????
2008 Sprinter chassis with
2010 Four Winds House class C
Pulling a 6x12 enclosed trailer
Showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

class c, remodel, slide