Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Automatic Levelers on a Winnebago View Profile

I'm thinking of having levelers installed on my 2014 Winnebago View Profile 24G. Anyone have any experience doing this? If so, how is it working out & where did you have the work done?

I've already tried the lynx lego type levelers, but I travel solo, and jumping in and out 10 times to check my bubble level and add or subtract blocks is getting really old really fast.

Thanks for the input.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #2

I have HWH levelers on my 2012 View. HWH makes a set specifically for the Sprinter chassis. I have the auto level console so leveling is a one-button operation. They are a bit slow coming down, but do the job nicely. They level and eliminate any rocking of the View, even when entering. The hydraulic levelers are a tight fit, so use an installer familiar with them. I live fairly close to Elkhart, Indiana so I was able to find a dealer that does the installations full time. HWH uses an algorithm to level without twisting the chassis, so I feel a little safer using them. I still keep a few blocks for those sites too unlevel for the range of the levelers. Usually a block under one of the leveler feet will do. I have not had many problems with them. Occasionally they get a bit confused if the slope is too great, but just retracting and redeploying has always worked. Are levelers necessary on the View? No, but they certainly make life easier.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesView12 View Post
I have HWH levelers on my 2012 View. HWH makes a set specifically for the Sprinter chassis. I have the auto level console so leveling is a one-button operation. They are a bit slow coming down, but do the job nicely. They level and eliminate any rocking of the View, even when entering. The hydraulic levelers are a tight fit, so use an installer familiar with them. I live fairly close to Elkhart, Indiana so I was able to find a dealer that does the installations full time. HWH uses an algorithm to level without twisting the chassis, so I feel a little safer using them. I still keep a few blocks for those sites too unlevel for the range of the levelers. Usually a block under one of the leveler feet will do. I have not had many problems with them. Occasionally they get a bit confused if the slope is too great, but just retracting and redeploying has always worked. Are levelers necessary on the View? No, but they certainly make life easier.
Thanks for the information. Can you give me the name and contact information for the shop that installed your levelers? I live just northwest of Chicago, and I'd be willing to travel to Elkhart for the expertise.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

Stuart's Service. 800-826-6267. www.rvleveling.com. They did a great job for me. They are a HWH 5-star dealer. I brought the MH in first thing in the morning and was out by 2:00 PM. When I got mine they gave a nice discount for cash, so you may want to check on that if it interests you.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Question Levelers

We have a Navion 24J, and have been thinking about installing levelers. Can anyone tell us the difference between the HWH or the Big Foot? I know if we are not level it could ruin the fridge. We have the orange blocks but sometimes that is not enough...how level do you have to be?
Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #6

Judging from this post it appears levelers cannot be purchased from Winnebago for motorhomes built on the Sprinter chassis. I know a few years ago Mercedes was adamant about not installing them on this chassis. They even went so far as to say the chassis warranty was void if they were installed.

I don't know if they still feel that way, but it's worth checking out before installing them
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakuwoman View Post
We have a Navion 24J, and have been thinking about installing levelers. Can anyone tell us the difference between the HWH or the Big Foot? I know if we are not level it could ruin the fridge. We have the orange blocks but sometimes that is not enough...how level do you have to be?
Thanks in advance!
Here's the phone number for Mercedes Sprinter customer service.
877-762-8267

I'm going to contact them before moving forward with levelers. You may want to do the same.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #8

HWH levelers

I had HWH install my levelers at the factory. I purchased them from Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City Iowa (cheaper through them). I went down to the factory and spent the night. They have electric hooks ups and showers free of charge. They are on both sides of the service center. I was in at 7:00 and out by 2:00. They are much better then Big Foot levelers. When installing Big Foot levelers on the View they drill holes in the frame which I was told by the factory Rep that will definitely void your warranty. The HWH levelers just clamp on the frame in a very sturdy area. By the time you get them installed they are only about $300.00 more and auto level. HWH is a long time supplier to Winnebago and install them on all their larger coachs.
13 View G
Old 11-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #9

Wink Try this first

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdjeb2 View Post
I'm thinking of having levelers installed on my 2014 Winnebago View Profile 24G. Anyone have any experience doing this? If so, how is it working out & where did you have the work done?

I've already tried the lynx lego type levelers, but I travel solo, and jumping in and out 10 times to check my bubble level and add or subtract blocks is getting really old really fast.

Thanks for the input.
I think you may be searching for a solution for which there is no known problem (the government does this a lot).

Before you spend the big $$$ and reduce your payload by several hundred pounds I have a $5 solution. Try a couple of peel and stick bubble levels and place one on the rear corner of the coach (to measure left/right) then place one one the rear corner of the adjacent side (to measure fore and aft). They will only be a step apart and very easy to read.

I have a 24' C and have yet to need more than two of the Leggos under a wheel(yes you need to put them under both of the wheels on a side), in any site and placing them takes about 30 seconds a side. If you have the money by all means go for it but know that levelers are about as problematic as slides (don't get me started).

I can see their benefits on larger rigs but at 24'.... not so much.
As always.... opinions and YMMV.

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdjeb2 View Post
I'm thinking of having levelers installed on my 2014 Winnebago View Profile 24G. Anyone have any experience doing this?...
I know people who have HWH levelers and love them and I know others who have never felt the need for levelers. I'm in the 2nd group. We had a 2006 WGO View 23J (For Sale) for 8 years and never felt the need for levelers.

In the beginning, I used blocks but found them to be a PITA. I found the short wheelbase of the View allowed me to jockey back and forth until I got it level using two bubble levels stuck to the driver's side triangle window and the dash. Then, I discovered the fridge is not super sensitive, as long as I was comfortable, the fridge was happy.

Now, if you want levelers because you don't like being off kilter by a degree or two, that's a different story but don't do it because you think the fridge needs it. I also noticed that CGs in the east tend to be much more tilted than CGs in the midwest and west.

Lee
2006 WGO View 23J (For Sale)
2010 WGO Vista 30W (bought w/13K on the clock)

Tags
levelers, winnebago