Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2016, 08:16 PM   #29

We have a 2013 Thor Citation 24SR and love the floor plan! I am a big guy - 6'5" and over 300 lbs. Getting around in this is easy with back slide for walk around queen. "L" shaped door for bathroom that gives you the hallway as extra bathroom space!
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 05:50 AM   #30

TJFogelberg....I am a person that enjoys cooking, so that lack of counter space was a concern for me also. But, we won't be living in it full time, so I can make it work. Had one with pretty much identical counter space for 4 years a while back. I found that I had to be 'really organized' and 'creative' when it came to meal preparation. I have one of the large square cutting boards that covers the entire stove top, which increases the usable space a little. Bringing meals prepared earlier at home helps a great deal. I'm not the biggest fan of frozen entrees....but I find an occasional one to pop in the oven or microwave. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, and use the coffee singles, so no coffee countertop coffee pot required. The toaster can be plugged in at the table in the morning, if need be. You just learn ways to adapt and make it work. Motorhome life can bring some challenges, for sure.
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan View Post
Any signs that Forest River has had a negative effect on Dynamax?
good point. i wouldn't go near a dynamx after the FR acquistion date. i feel sure they will push their cost cutting, quality destroying controls onto dynamax.its a shame to see the biggies that all turn out junk absorbing some of the few decent manufacturers left.
markloeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:32 PM   #32

I also bought a 2016 22r love it.
mbs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
TJFogelberg....I am a person that enjoys cooking, so that lack of counter space was a concern for me also. But, we won't be living in it full time, so I can make it work. Had one with pretty much identical counter space for 4 years a while back. I found that I had to be 'really organized' and 'creative' when it came to meal preparation. I have one of the large square cutting boards that covers the entire stove top, which increases the usable space a little. Bringing meals prepared earlier at home helps a great deal. I'm not the biggest fan of frozen entrees....but I find an occasional one to pop in the oven or microwave. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, and use the coffee singles, so no coffee countertop coffee pot required. The toaster can be plugged in at the table in the morning, if need be. You just learn ways to adapt and make it work. Motorhome life can bring some challenges, for sure.
For TJ....As gonetothedog said, we also use a large stovetop cutting board to increase the "counter" space. we use the left side of sink and have a cover over the right sink which adds additional prep space. We keep a coffee maker on the dinette table. Longest time period we've spent is 5 weeks consecutively. We make the 25B work with 2 adults & 2 medium sized dogs. We liked it so well that we replaced a 2015 25B with 2016.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs67 View Post
I also bought a 2016 22r love it.
Ditto here!

My only "gripe" is the lack of counter space. But I bought a stove top cutting board and also a sink cover, those are working very well for me and solves the problem.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #35

Addition to our 2016 View for counter space
Slips in and out easy and rides under the overhead bunk. Made out of starboard and a couple stiffening braces underneath. Got lucky that the counter top and the rung on the ladder was perfectly level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0868.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	139543   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	139544  

Sanibelview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We opted for a Isata 3 (made by Dynamax a Forest River company) on a sprinter chassis and love the full side slide out. Gives you a huge living area for a 25 foot coach.

momdoc
After a horrible time with a Siesta and Camping WORLD we traded it in for a Isata 3. Like a car trunk hood and doors, notice the storage door gaps. If they are not evenly spaced all around the door the build is either poorly engineered or sloppy built. good luck
barden44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #37

The high end California Class C is Lazy Daze Motorhome Dealer | Low Profile Motorhome | RV Manufacturer | Quality Motorhome

The September Motor Home magazine has a feature article on this RV.

The Iowa Born Free company has just recently been sold, but one of the founding family is still involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Look at Born Free, a California made unit. Most impressive I've seen. You'll pay for the quality, though.

If at all possible, get a unit with a full one piece fiberglass front that goes all the way to the main box structure and a domed fiberglass roof. I know Winnebago is one that does this.

Sounds like you need a coach with a Ford V10 engine or the GM equivalent.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
The high end California Class C is Lazy Daze Motorhome Dealer | Low Profile Motorhome | RV Manufacturer | Quality Motorhome

The September Motor Home magazine has a feature article on this RV.

The Iowa Born Free company has just recently been sold, but one of the founding family is still involved.
Correct, Brandon Dodgen is still in the company. He is the product manager and the grandson of the founder. That poor family lost both the grandfather and the son in recent years. Born Free was sold to a private equity investment firm from Des Moines but the good news to that story is that it is a firm that was specifically looking to get into the recreational vehicle market. They weren't just looking to pick up any deal from any industry.

The company has changed somewhat since we purchased our coach from them in 2011. The product has gone markedly upscale. There have been no signs that they are looking to get into mass production and lower the cost and grab a bigger market share or any of that. I guess the closest comparison I could make is Coach House Platinum or Dynamax but many of their new units are 6 figures that start with a 2.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Another vote for the Winnebago 25B. We've had our a little over a month and love it. We have the E450 with the V10 which we wanted in order to pull our Jeep Wrangler. We love the dinette and sofa and no slide. We have been pleasantly surprised by the build quality (so far) with absolutely no problems. Huge storage area in the back. We solved the counter space issue by making 2 wood sink covers and buying a made to match stove cover. Only concern is that the A/C struggles a little with the Texas summer heat but this seems to be common with Class C and the single A/C. We were about ready to buy a View but the huge price difference convinced us that the 25B would do everything we needed. We did buy with a few upgrades. 2nd tv, dual pane Windows, full oven plus some others. I'd definitely recommend the dual pane Windows.
Vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #40

Vtwin996......Glad to see another happy Winnebago Spirit 25b owner. Ours also appears to have good build quality, and has been pretty much trouble free, so far. We have no plan to return to the dealer for anything. And how many new RV owners do you hear say that?
I think a lot of that comes from this being such a 'simple' motorhome, with fewer things to go wrong. No electric step to fail, no slideout to fail, etc.
It is easy to drive. Small, yet quite comfortable for two.
That was what motivated our final decision. More fun.....less stress. Love it!
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would have gone with a Winnebago 25b, except it would be about 2-3 feet too long for my parking space for me to still park my car there in front of it. The 22R (actually 23 feet) is just right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pepperdine University Malibu 015.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	139728  
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, we would have preferred the shorter length of the 22R but liked the separate dinette and sofa in the 25B. Coming from tent camping the Minnie Winnie is the ultimate in Luxury when you are the wrong side of 65!
Vtwin996 is offline   Reply With Quote