Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #15
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
"Best" and "cheap" is an oxymoron! They don't go together!
No more so than "Best" and "Expensive"

My question is which would give the better value?

'01 National RV Tropi-Cal, Ford V10, '01 Suzuki GV 4X4 Blue Ox Tow Bar,300 Watts Solar, 2500 Watt '458' Inverter, NO TVs, Most light fixtures upgraded to LEDs

hdossett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
This is what we use in our ceiling light fixtures...

10x Super Bright 4 8W Warm White T10 921 RV Car Wedge 24SMD LED Light Bulb 12V | eBay

10 bulbs for 10 dollars.

Dear Wife and me, in our
2016 Jayco 26XD
5 fur babies
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
We purchased our G4 replacement bulbs from Hero-LED. The G4 20w "equivalent" bulbs we purchased were sold in packages of 5 for 17.99 a package ... which translates to roughly $3.60 per bulb. The 20w "equivalent" bulbs are constructed using 12 SMD5030 LED segments. I read good things about 'em from several folks on a forum someplace - and felt that the $3.60 per bulb price point sounded about right ... it ain't at the very bottom ... nor is it at the very top. We've only been using them for a week or so - and are happy with the "color" and the brightness of the bulbs we purchased. We didn't suffer any "out of the box" failures ... or any "infant mortality" on the 60 or so bulbs we installed - however, it's still too early to form an opinion about their durability. But, it's so far soo good at this point.
2012 HR Endeavor 43' DFT, 2012 Jeep Liberty
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #18
https://www.wish.com/c/555173a154fb5b167b0aa488 Try this link. I replaced all my interior lights with these last year and they are working great
cozzy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #19
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I replaced all coach lights with these 36 LED panels. I soldered the panels into the fixture and glued them to the fixtures.

These put out about the same light as an incandescent, and about the same color. These are warm white, cost about $2 each in lots of 10.

I also added dimmers on a couple of them.

2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2003 Saturn Vue.
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #20
Ordered 921 LED lights from Amazon.cz and paid less than $2cdn per Led. Work great.

if the do not work when you first install just turn around as they are polar sensitive.
emuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #21
I posted this in a thread on another forum board.

Originally Posted by CharlesinGA
Originally Posted by a poster who shall remain unnamed
M4 products the best out there.. Order 10 of one sku and get 10% off. Type in RVgeeks5 in the coupon code for an additional 5% off.

LED Retrofit Light Bulbs for RVs and Trailers

For the 1141 replacements I have three ceiling fixtures with two each, the outside "porch light" and a single bulb fixture over the shower. For those I ordered Two of the Goldstars 11568305 LED replacement from an Amazon seller, 250 lumen (about the same as a new 1141) to try them out. I was impressed and ordered a 6 pack of them from a different seller on Amazon. These have 1141/1156 bayonet base and a flat panel with aobut 24 LED elements in them. Nice plastic housing, nothing exposed, and it swivels in the base, so no matter the orientation of the bayonets on the base, you can point the light where it needs to go. The translucent plastic lenses on the light fixtures serve to spread the light to the sides, so the flat panels work really well on the ceiling. Only regular bulbs left are a 921 over the stove (afraid heat would damage an LED there) and one 1141 in the water/dump service bay light, not worth changing it.

Goldstar flat panel LED 1141 replacement.

2007 Winnebago View 523H, 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis. Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dynamics PD4645, Chill Grille, Fanstatic Fan Ultrabreeze, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:53 AM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't buy any that are rated at only 12 volts!
Make sure they are rated for 12 to 24 volts.

I replaced all mine on my last camper and on my current RV a little over two years ago with the Gold Star brand on Amazon. Everything got replaced including the compartment, bathroom vanity, and spot reading lights. All work fine and no failures.

2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
Toads: '15 Ford Focus, '10 Harley Softail Custom and '15 Harley Softail Deluxe
Upstate (the other) New York
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote