Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

Better quality 30' C

Currently in an Itasca Horizon 40' DP and am planning to downsize. My initial planning was a 34+- 5th wheel but also thinking about a 30' C. What we would want would a layout with real queen bed, decent size shower, not a full wall slide, opposing slides in living area, diesel would be preferred, and NOT a thor. 2-3 years ago at the Tampa RV show we saw a new Tiffin C but didn't pay a lot of attention at the time. The MB sprinter chassis is attractive except for the 25' limitation, too small. A super C is a posibility but not sure what is available in that size. I would be towing a Jeep Wrangler so don't need heavy duty towing capability.

Used is being considered but not more than a few years old. A few years ago, before the current A, we walked through some Jayco Redhawk/Greyhawk Cs and were not impressed. Any suggestions on makes/models? My search of 30' C brought up some old threads and threads that were advocating smaller A.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Not 100% certain but that's a tough range with those requirements. We just moved from a 35' super C to the 25' C w/diesel, 40' DP before that and 36' gas.

Don't forget most builders are now owned by Thor.

We may move back up someday or sideways into trailers.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:45 PM   #3

Check out the Dynamax Isata 5 series. Dodge 5500 with Cummins turbo diesel, 10,000# tow capacity.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
Check out the Dynamax Isata 5 series. Dodge 5500 with Cummins turbo diesel, 10,000# tow capacity.
I looked at that but for some reason they use an RV queen bed. Floor plan in one should have enough room for a real one. I'm early in researching this option.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #5

Phoenix USA offers MODEL 2910T that fits your description, but it measures 30'-10" bumper to bumper.

Anything in the 30 foot range, I would want those E+ rated tires that handle an extra 500 pounds per tire.

Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went from the same, big dp with 3 slides ( 2 opposing in living area) to a 32ft class c with 2 slides (Fleetwood 31m) every class c we have looked at with 3 slides has a very small kitchen foot print. The Fleetwood 31m has almost a full size queen in the rear (( by 2 inches)) we have looked at Concord and winnebago. Am I missing something? Also 32 ft class c in south Texas in summer needs more than 1 15k roof unit.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #7

One of the concerns with a 30+ ft E450-based C that has multiple slides is the NCCC. The length and slides take up a lot of the overal GVWR, leaving you with not much for stuff and people.

If looking for that sort of coach, especially with a larger bed, the Super C's will provide better margin. Renegade builds some really nice units.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:16 AM   #8

The best non-expedition small motorhome you can buy in the U.S. is by Coach House.

They're only a Class B+ motorhome and their maximum length is only ~27 feet, so none of their models built on the Ford E450 chassis overtax that chassis.

Their entire coach shell is a single molded piece of fiberglass, so that means probably no leaks ever from exterior roof/wall seams.

Here's the link to the Coach House 27 footers - these floorplans look pretty open and roomy - and of course include a queen size bed, plus additional sleeping arrangements: Luxury Small Motorhomes | Fuel-Efficient Downsized Class C (Class B-Plus) RVs | Coach House Platinum 272XL
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #9

My "C" search is not encouraging at this time based on our wants/needs. Likely will go with an appropriate 5th wheel, looking at the Arctic Fox model.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
The best non-expedition small motorhome you can buy in the U.S. is by Coach House.

They're only a Class B+ motorhome and their maximum length is only ~27 feet, so none of their models built on the Ford E450 chassis overtax that chassis.

Their entire coach shell is a single molded piece of fiberglass, so that means probably no leaks ever from exterior roof/wall seams.

Here's the link to the Coach House 27 footers - these floorplans look pretty open and roomy - and of course include a queen size bed, plus additional sleeping arrangements: Luxury Small Motorhomes | Fuel-Efficient Downsized Class C (Class B-Plus) RVs | Coach House Platinum 272XL
I agree, Coach House makes a great product. I have taken their factory tour and was impressed with its operation. They even run redundant wiring for the house circuits. I'd buy one but the beds are too short for me.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality