Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hello all, we have some dear friends that are considering a new Bigfoot Motorhome 4000 series. Any thoughts, opinions, insight? They will be towing a trailer with trials motorcycles. Thanks in advance...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hello all, we have some dear friends that are considering a new Bigfoot Motorhome 4000 series. Any thoughts, opinions, insight? They will be towing a trailer with trials motorcycles. Thanks in advance...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #3

They have a good reputation as a a higher-end unit, with true 4-season capability.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Scrib! These folks do a lot of traveling and a lot of volunteering to assist with Vintage Motorcycle Events, and they do travel in all kinds of weather. I'll be introducing them to irv2.com!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #5

I bought a Bigfoot 29sl (29 foot with slide) back in 2004. we bought ours with the intent that we would use it in the winter as often or more so than the summer, so true 4 season capabilities would be key.
My overall satisfaction is pretty high. They are almost impossible to find used, folk just keep them. New are expensive, though you can get some good discounts if you pay attention.
Resale is unknown, I tried to sell last year when we moved, and I couldnt get an appraisal for over $55k, and I paid $80k just 2 years prior, which was $20k under list!!! so, I decided to keep it and store it and continue to enjoy it.
if they are doing motorcycle gigs, I would be surprised they are doing any of it in sub zero or snow conditions, where the Bigfoot shines. for the money, I think there may be some other choices for them to spend their money on.

I love my Bigfoot, but would not have bought it if I occasionally went out in the winter, or was looking for a 3 season rig. many companies now adays are making 3plus season rigs that can handle some winter conditions and they are way cheaper (big deal is heated enclosed tanks and discharge pipes).

good luck to your friends!
bk

2004 BigFoot 29SL
Bill Killen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the input, Bill! You're right that most of the motorcycle events are held when there shouldn't be any snow, but they live in Denver, and at one of our early events this year (by early I mean April...), there was 2 feet of snow in Denver! So, ya' just never know. The all season capability is important to them, so I'm glad to hear that it works well for that.

Happy traveling!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #7

if they live in Denver (where I live) then I am sure they will have the chance to enjoy this BigFoot! We got the place to buy them in Fountain CO, so they should be set!

later

bk

2004 BigFoot 29SL
Bill Killen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again, Bill! They are also now looking at the Freightliner, and may be going up to the Bigfoot factory this week. Good to know about the place in Fountain, CO.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #9

We have owned only Bigfoot since we started down this road. Our 1st was a 1973 17' trailer ... then a 1985 20' 5th wheel ... we now have a 1994 20' 5er as well as the 24' Minnie Winnie "C". I never thought we'd get a C but we are sure happy we did.

The Bigfeet that we have had were trouble free, held their resale value quite well, and were wonderful units. I think that they will be really happy with their purchase.
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, jrnutpaul! Good to know!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 AM   #11

Nice units and GREAT reputation.