Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #1

Black box under drivers seat E-450

While exploring about my Cambria 26A today. I found two boxes under the drivers seat. One clearly says it is a "Sirrus Radio" box, the other is just a 1-1/2" thick black box with wires leading up to the bottom of seat. I do not have power seats, so I can't imagine what it is for. It says on top of it to be sure to replace cover if taken off. I have not had the time to trace any of the wires down. I thought some one here might be able to tell me what it is there for.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #2

Thumbs down

I too have 2 black boxes under the drivers seat of my F450 Superduty 2006 Forest River Lexington GTS.
One that I know for sure what it is,is Intellitec Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay. Go to www.intellitec.com/PDF/5300362.100.pdf.
Have yet to find out what the second box is.
heavyequipt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyequipt View Post
I too have 2 black boxes under the drivers seat of my F450 Superduty 2006 Forest River Lexington GTS.
One that I know for sure what it is,is Intellitec Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay. Go to www.intellitec.com/PDF/5300362.100.pdf.
Have yet to find out what the second box is.
heavyequipt: Thanks for the information. I went to the link and was able to copy the PDF file on this black box. Hope I don't need it, but it is necessary information to have in the black bag.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #4

Did not know there was a 2 black boxes under the seat. Just the Sirius rec. box.

I see that the other box is suppose to charge the house batts off the engine.

It is also suppose the charge the chassis off the converter/charger when connected to 110 AC off the house batts. Nust not work well as many Aspect/Cambria owners keep getting dead chassis battery.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
Did not know there was a 2 black boxes under the seat. Just the Sirius rec. box.

I see that the other box is suppose to charge the house batts off the engine.

It is also suppose the charge the chassis off the converter/charger when connected to 110 AC off the house batts. Nust not work well as many Aspect/Cambria owners keep getting dead chassis battery.
I only have the one black box, and heavyequipt wised me up on that and what it does. I have the Sirrus box, but not concerned with it. Like you, I wonder how much of a problem that Intellitec box is going to be. Haven't had time to check all the charging stuff out yet. It appears to be somewhat complicated for an electronic's challanged individual to cope with.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #6

Exclamation That black box under the driver's seat....

in your '06 Cambria is there as a Ford-installed trigger for the application of your shoulder belt [i.e., tightens up the slack] during an impending crash. For your own safety, treat it as a component of the airbag deployment system in your Cambria & leave it be. The wires you saw going up to the seat cushion "inform" the box that an occupant is sitting there & that should a crash occur, the box should do its job.....!
zooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooom View Post
in your '06 Cambria is there as a Ford-installed trigger for the application of your shoulder belt [i.e., tightens up the slack] during an impending crash. For your own safety, treat it as a component of the airbag deployment system in your Cambria & leave it be. The wires you saw going up to the seat cushion "inform" the box that an occupant is sitting there & that should a crash occur, the box should do its job.....!
ZOOM: I have gone through all the literature and so far have not found anything on the black box under the seat. It looks just like the one described in the link "Heavyequipt" furnished. However, your information sounds reasonable also. Keep in mind I only have the one black box.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #8

31p four winds 2005 box controls leveler and one is weight switch for seat belt
rvpunky is offline   Reply With Quote