Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Blower motor relay went bad

Went to fill the fresh water tank at a friends yesterday(we have well water). Not one minute after turning the a/c on the fan just stopped dead. Figured I blew the fuse, no luck fuse was good. Figured this was gonna be fun. Checked for power at the blower, none. Jumpered the blower to make sure it works when power is applied, yup works great. Checked the resistor pack, that's fine. The manual has all the fuses listed and 3 relays none of which were for the blower motor so I thought maybe there was no relay. Pulled the dash apart the check the fan switch and no power to the switch either so I figured there had to be a relay. Found 2 other relays under the hood on the driver's side. Voila first one was the right one, plug in a standby relay and the fan fired right up. At least it happened now and not when we were leaving for 2 weeks later this month.
I guess the moral is check fuse AND relay first before taking a bunch of other stuff apart.

Bob Kulhanek 1995, 29 ft, Coachman Leprechaun, Ford E-350, EFI 460, 4.0 Onan Gen

If it won't budge, hit it harder or get a bigger hammer.
RLKBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
location of relay?

I have the same exact problem with my 1995 E-350. I can't find the blower relay. Exactly which one is it? Thanks in advance.

daytonabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Found this on the Ford Forum

There are five relays (including the blower relay) on a bracket between the driver's side battery and the headlights. Had to remove the battery to see the mounting bracket, which hides the relays. The bracket unscrews with a 1/4" wrench - remove it and the relays can be removed.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Found it. just where you said. Did not have to remove battery. Advance Part Number is R3189. ($18.99) Ford OEM: FOAB-14B194-DC. Identical one beside it I believe is a relay for the damper on the defrost/vent/floor ducts.
daytonabeach is offline   Reply With Quote