Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #1

Just visited the Tampabay RV Show. We saw a few of the Born Free Class C. We like the 32' Floor Plan with Twin bed. Anyone out there have any pros and cons of Born Free Class C. Let me know. Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #2

Just visited the Tampabay RV Show. We saw a few of the Born Free Class C. We like the 32' Floor Plan with Twin bed. Anyone out there have any pros and cons of Born Free Class C. Let me know. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #3

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
MyLife , I which I knew you were there. yes they are nice , are you thinking what I am thinking. I am looking into the 2008 TIFFIN PHAETON with 4 slides. under $300,000 . with the large outside Tv on the wall on the curb side. at eye level .
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #4

There are nice, The born free we are looking at is the 32' floor plan no slide. We also was looking at Coach House 272XL model. I like the idea of one complete shell with the Coach House. But the shower was not as big as the born free.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #5

We are about to purchase our third Born Free. I can't say enough about their quality and service. We have only had a few minor problems and they are always easy to contact. They back their product beyond expectations. They do not have any slideouts because their coaches all have roll bars which makes them very safe. They also handle well.
Their dealerships are only in few locations. This concerned me in the beginning however I have never had a problem getting anything fixed locally and being reimbursed by them afterwards.
There is a web site "www.bornfreevrclub.org/bulletin_board/" with lots of info.

Tony
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #6

Thanks Tony for the information. Tony have you heard anything about Coach House RV?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #7

We did look at Coach House. They are also a quality built rv and on the expensive side as is Born Free. I spent a lot of time on the Born Free forum before buying our first rv. My decision was based on the Born Free quality , handling, safety and wonderful support. They are built by a crews of 4 - 5 people and if there are no problems with the rv one year after the sale the group that built that rv gets a reward. Great incentive!

Tony
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #8

Thanks for the information Tony
Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

There is a Born Free factory outlet dealership on US 27 near Clermont, FL. You might want to stop there and look around.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #10

Thanks, we visited them and the RV look great. Now I need to make a decision between Coach House or Born Free, Born Free look more solid on the inside maybe because it used pure wood not compressed. I like the roll bars. With Coach house I like the slide out, the one piece fiberglass shell which mean less leak (or no leak). I have plenty of time to decide. Not going to jump into fast.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Added Born Free website to C MFG's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote