Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #1

Brake locking up

I have a 1996 Gulfstream and have experienced break locking up while driving. What possible things might have caused it? I"ll appreciate any info about this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
What chassis?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #3

I've never had it on a MH, but have seen it on motorcycles. Moisture in the brake fluid will expand when hot and lock them up. The cure is a change of brake fluid.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Old rubber brake hoses will lock up a brake caliper.
Something happens to the them and they won't let the fluid return to the master cylinder.
I had to replace them on our MH a year or so back. One of them was not letting the caliper release.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #5

I also have a Gulfstream MH and have had to replace two brake calipers. Just my input
Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacabo View Post
I have a 1996 Gulfstream and have experienced break locking up while driving. What possible things might have caused it? I"ll appreciate any info about this.

I really appreciate all the feedbacks, advice and much-needed info. Now, I have some tools to start with. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Best of luck finding a solution to your brake problem. It would be helpful if you could tell us a little more about your RV. If you go under "User CP" in the tool bar above, scroll down to "Edit Signature" and type in the Make Model and length of your RV and the Engine Manufacture and model, it will appear every time you post. Once you typed that in don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Save" button. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake