Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #1

C Class MH

We are going to be in the market for a used C-MH, keep hearing that the front area is prown to leaking , if we look for something that does not have windows up front are we more likely to find a Class C with no water damage, we are looking for a 30 ft C with entertainment center since neither of us would be able to get in a bed up there in front, we are hoping to find something for less than 30K & plan on staying away from dealers, mostly private party
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #2

pushtrk99-

Welcome to iRV2!

We owned a 1997 Lazy Daze 27-foot "mid-bath" model for three years. Before we bought this Class A, we were looking closely at LD 31-footers. Here are links to some for sale online at the moment:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...BED-5002201327
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...-30-5001490974

The first is over your budget, but as a 2006 has several improvements over the 2000 model. The 31-footer also comes in a twin-bed model.

LDs are not for everyone (they don't have slides, for instance), but they are well made.

If you want more information on Lazy Dazes, send me a private message with your questions.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #3

Not having windows up there, doesn't necessarily make it less likely to have leaks. The side and top seams along with the clearance lights are frequently the source of cabover leaks. Having an entertainment center up there could make it more difficult to see if it has a leak issue.
I bought a 31' Class C a few years ago, with an entertainment center up there, no windows and serious leak issues. It required a total cabover rebuild, but I knew that when I bought it at a cheap price. I only bought it with the intention of fixing, then selling it.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #4

I agree with and have experienced every thing that Mich F just posted ^^^

My plan at purchase of my used unit with an entertainment center and old tube TV was to remove it all and make it a bunk, as I liked the floor plan of my unit, but needed that bunk space for my teenage boy.

IF you go with an entertainment center, make sure you try and get as much of a good look at the floor as possible. If it has one of those slide out small bunks, remove that mattress, and shine a light into that area and look for buckling of the floor.

Then if you can get on a ladder, start pressing in on all exterior surfaces of the cabover above the windshield and at ALL of the seams. Any movement of the fiberglass or sponginess, and or sagging of material above the hood I would walk away.

Knowing this now after rebuilding the cabover, I will be more observant than I was then.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #5

The newer solid, one piece molded fiberglass cab overs do not leak. Most leaks were from the pieced together cabs. With the entertainment center, you get solid sides also. Most overhead bunks have side windows. That's why I opted for the entertainment center. I have a solid, one piece molded cab over with no windows. I shouldn't have any leaks. Now saying that, I should go out and look...it's sunny here and no rain, but everytime I open my mouth the coach makes a fool out of me.
Funding Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree, no w I ndows in the cab over reduces the chance for leaks, have a 07 fleetwood tioga 31m all original no leaks
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote