Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Cabover Vibration

I need help regarding the "rock and roll" of the cabover on my 1992 Tioga. It vibrates up and down and makes all kinds of noise and squeaks while driving. I am so fed up with it that I am ready to just have it completely removed (if that's possible) or in the alternative have it completely stripped on the inside to see if that would help. Is there anyway to stablize it so that it doesn't vibrate so much? Like some kind of frame to go around the outside and attach to the truck like the mirrors? I am a 65 yo widow and before going to a dealership to ask, I need answers in hand because I have found they will tell an unknowledgeable woman anything. Suggestions please.

smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
tighten up the screws that hold the cabover to the top of the cab. you should see them if you remove the headliner. possibly could be bolts and nuts, but if you find screw heads you can just tighten them.

1999 Winnebago Minnie 29', Ford V10, Close to stock.
W4MBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
I just went through essentially the same thing with our '08 Gulfstream. I you will search for "squeeks and groans" there are some good suggestions made to me to help quiet the noise down. In my case I had to remove the TV and all the paneling to get to the screws and then used glue and small bolts and nuts. Lost a lot of finger skin doing this nasty job but the noise is about 50% of what it was. There was one comment that pretty well sums up the problem; Class C's are notorious for above your head noise.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Get some CRC silicone spray from Walmart. Get the heavy duty in the red can. It works great on squeaks, rattles and groans.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Had to totally rebuild

Thanks for all the replies. I finally gave in and took it to a professional rv repair sevice and they found the problem. Seems it once had a serious leak and previous owners just had the rotten wood covered over with new paneling. So, after a complete rebuild inside and out, though it cost me, I now have a quiet cabover and couldn't be more pleased.
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Glad you found the problem. Just purchased an 09 Itasca with same problem and found screws had backed out or sheared off. Removed headliner and tightened or replaced screws. Fixed it.

09spirit is offline   Reply With Quote