Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #15

We are making a short trip next week and the following week is a 1600 mile trip so I will know for sure if it works or not by time we get home.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20andOut View Post
We are making a short trip next week and the following week is a 1600 mile trip so I will know for sure if it works or not by time we get home.
20andout we took our trip and did not fill the tank past where it clicked off and so far we have not had the check engine light come on. We will be takingg another trip in three weeks so we hope to see no check engine light. I will give another update after the next trip. Hope the gas prices keep falling.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check Engine

I have had the same issue with my 2008 Tioga. I had problems filling up the tank because the gas nozel kept shutting off as if it was full, this forced fuel into the recovery line and set off the Check Engine light. After driving it to the camp site I shut it off and then had to start it up again to get my sliders out and the light was gone. Also make sure you always crank the gas cap tight.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #18

We have been on the road since May 24th and have covered 900 miles with no check engine light. We have another 3 weeks and 800 miles to go before we get back home. I have been careful to stop filling at the first click.

Looks like I am going back to the Ford dealership and having a talk with the service manager and try to get at least an hour of labor $$ back. To pay for 2 hours labor and have nothing wrong and no answers is just wrong.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #19

What the heck is a "Banks power pack system" ???
Old 06-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by don springhetti View Post
What the heck is a "Banks power pack system" ???

Banks Power | 05-08 Ford - 6.8L Class-C>>PowerPack® System
Old 06-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In short, Banks Power Pack system consists of :
1. Stainless steel headers (5 inch collectors)
2. Ram air induction with a straight thru box and premium filter
3. Stainless flo thru muffler with 4 inch exhausts
4. Completely new computer program that replaces stock to provide max power curve and fuel monitoring. This is along with a computer scanner called "Ottominder", allowing you to read codes, replace with the stock software, etc.
Suggest you go to their website for full details and charts. "bankspower.com"
Old 06-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #22

Not topping off the gas tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmen 31P View Post
Thanks 20andOUT Let me know if the not filling the tank works for you I will try the same thing. we are going on a camping trip next week. thanks again for your info.
Hi well we have gone on two trips and not topping off the gas tank has worked for us the check engine light has not turned on at all. it is great to have an answer to this problem.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #23

I am ready to purchase a banks power package for my 2008 e-450 chasis. I have 55,000 miles. My check engine light never comes and I always fill to the top when I stop at the gas station. I am concerned that BANK is telling people the problem is due to a fill up. It sound like they did not do their homework when they designed this system. If anyone has additional information I would like to know.

George
Old 08-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
George,
I think what they are talking about is topping off the tank after the pump has already shut off. That will force fuel into the charcoal canister system and cause a vapor blockage that can trigger a check engine light. The same is true on many late model cars and trucks.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #25

Light is still comimg on!!!

Well here we go again. The check engine light still is coming on. I don't fill the tank up after it clicks off. The same codes keep coming up. It does not happen on every trip. I think the computer is not set right for the banks systems air flow. We are going on a trip to Cape May NJ. in Sept. I have to find a otto minder for the banks system to reset the computer for the right air flow. But I am still not sure that this is the right thing to do? Did anyone have to reset there computer for air flow and fuel mix after installing the banks system?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is a link to Ford TSB 04-17-04 to help diagnose codes P2195 and P2197. These codes are set from an over lean condition for banks 1 and 2. Has the engine been checked throughly for vacuum leaks?
You may be on the right track with reprogramming the PCM, but couldn't hurt to check for vacuum leaks first.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You ask about reprograming after banks install. Yes, new software is downloaded to replace the stock program. Also, I had a problem after installation with the light and code for one side. I finally changed the oxy sensor and cured the problem. Last trip was 3500 miles and not a problem. Suggest call Banks Tech dept., very helpful. Good luck.