Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomansland View Post

I didn't read everyone's comments but I have the same issue with my new Winnebago View. Nearly impossible to get an accurate reading and add air. Have to lay down on the ground and juggle flashlight and tools.

I pisses me off the Winnebago refuses to address this serious safety issue. What is really aggravating is that most of their products are purchased by seniors who aren't always up for laying down along the motorhome to check tire pressure.

I just ordered a set of dually valves which are supposed to be a much better solution over valve stem extensions. Now I have to find an installer. But do hope this resolves the problem.
Review post #14

Quote "You will never have anymore trouble with using your pressure gauge, TPMS, or anything with valve leaks."

Once installed you're good to go. You may have to change a valve core occasionally as they dry out but that would be years away.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Checking Tire Pressure

Post 26 shows dually stems installed on a Coachman Freelander. If your View has wheel covers be sure to look at the ease of access to the stems with the cover installed. If need be have the tire shop that installs the stems improve the access as shown in post 26. You might even want it a little wider than shown. Also, file the edge of the access to remove burrs.

Also, pictured is the fill tool with gauges and lock on tip. I believe you will find this simplifies your efforts.

Paul
Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB
on 2012 Chevrolet 4500
Using iRV2 app

B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Hey All,

Okay so frustration number 1 for my new motorhome. I can't seem to check the tire pressure on the inner tire. I do have a braided extension clipped to the rim. My problem is as soon as I put pressure on the end of it by applying my tire pressure gauge, the extension starts to bend and I can't get a good seal on the gauge.

What am I doing wrong?

The outside tire with the valve pointing the wrong way is another issue entirely; though I did order a nozzle that has a 45 degree connector on the end. I'm hoping I can push it through the hole and than back it onto the stem and get a good seal.

EDIT:

Can I use these to just screw onto the end of the braid for the purpose of checking my pressure and filling up the tires? I'm thinking I could hold the long metal portion while I'm performing either maintenance, and than remove them and put them in the glove box for the next time.

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualie...xgy_auto_img_b
I just had rigid valves installed on my rear duals. Kit was $69 and labor was $60.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
I just had rigid valves installed on my rear duals. Kit was $69 and labor was $60.
I run these on my Heavy Haul Trucks and the Coach, they bring them out just enough and are ridged plus you don't have to remove and replace the Cap...it is the Cap
Old 06-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #33

Here it is....
Attached Images

Tags
tire pressure