Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #1

Class C blues

Sold our trailer to buy a class c. We really want a Lazy Daze but have missed buying 2 by an hour twice. Looked and drove a couple others, but passed because of the floor plan. Also have looked at approximately 50 others from other manufactures. We can't afford new, and our max budget is $35k. We are extremely disappointed in the quality we see from most of the coaches. Not the chassis or appliances but the fit and finish. If you had only $35k to spend what would you buy? Looking at less than 30 feet and prefer a class c, maybe a class a, but no b's. Might have t go back to trailer if we can't find any quality.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:12 PM   #2

I would go with a Class A, I think you will get more for your money that way. In my opinion you get safer vehicle with more storage and weight carrying capacity. Go on the RV Ready web site, he is located in Temecula, CA. You can see what he has in the different styles and price points. He refurbishes most of the MH's he takes in and they are ready to go and reasonably priced. He posts his best price so there is no haggling for the most part. You may be able to get him to throw in some extras though. When you look at the RV Trader most are overpriced as they don't really price them on what they are worth but rather what they owe. They will sit for a long time before the seller realizes they need to lower the price. So be patient and don't be afraid to make low offers.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Thanks for that site. Very interesting and we've been thinking of increasing our max by selling one of our toys. It's obvious that to get what you want you do need to spend more money. I'm probably asking for too much on a limited budget.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I would go with a Class A, I think you will get more for your money that way. In my opinion you get safer vehicle with more storage and weight carrying capacity.

Storage I'll agree with, but safety? No way.

A class C has air bags as well as factory sheet metal and bumpers (crumple zones and crash tested) between you and the next vehicle.

Class A's are designed on the same principle as school buses, build them high enough they hope you'll go over, or they'll go under, you and your passengers.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Storage I'll agree with, but safety? No way.

A class C has air bags as well as factory sheet metal and bumpers (crumple zones and crash tested) between you and the next vehicle.

Class A's are designed on the same principle as school buses, build them high enough they hope you'll go over, or they'll go under, you and your passengers.
X2
Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
A couple of years ago, my grandson and I spent a 4-6 months actively looking for a Class C in your price range. Most of what we saw was crapola. Finally found a cream puff at a dealer -- a 2004 with 17,000 miles on the engine and 200 hours on the generator. We love it! Bottom line: You have to kiss a few toads before you find your prince. Best of luck in your search.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #7

We sold our first class C, a 26 foot Winnebago Aspect 26A for about that much. It was a heck of a deal. We replaced it with a Winnebago Itasca Cambria 27K. I think you'll find a difference in quality of you look at Winnebago's product line. We're sort of partial to them though so I may be biased but we've owned two motorhomes and they've both been Winnebago because their fit and finish is just better.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:55 AM   #8

We have an Itasca Sundancer 2004 30 ft, also comes on 27 ft. We fould that the quality is superior than most. The cabinets, floor plan, mote storage than many class A's. The best part is it hekd its vakue for the 3 years I've had it. You can get one in your price range. Most are low milage too!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:58 AM   #9

It also has a twin, Winnebago Minnie Winne. The older ones are built with better quality.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know where there is a nice looking class C for sale (About 100 yards from me,, Belongs to the CG owner) but he is asking 50K.. Do not know if he will Dicker... Never been inside it since it is not parked in the CG (it is behind his house). Townsend, GA.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTahoe View Post
Thanks for that site. Very interesting and we've been thinking of increasing our max by selling one of our toys. It's obvious that to get what you want you do need to spend more money. I'm probably asking for too much on a limited budget.

You have higher standards for quality build and that is good. Lazy Daze, Chinook, Born Free are among the best built B+ & C's and hold their value because they have some unique features in their build that improve durability. At least in our area, C's tend to sell much more quickly - especially when gas prices climb. (Even though mileage may not be that different; public perception is)

Your budget is the sweet spot that people can readily finance or have savings so I would expect it to be very competitive. The flip side is that when you come to sell, if you keep your rigs in good shape, multiple buyers will be ready to take it off your hands.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #12

We went from a Class A gas to a 2012 26Q Itasca. The Itasca product is pretty good and the class C much safer because it is lower to the ground, better front suspension and a cab that was designed to be driven. It is nice to have air bags, power windows and the sun is not in your face all the time. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #13
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
We sold our micro class C two years ago and just bought a 30 ft class A.

Bigger, more room, I think generally, quality is a little better in the A and you get a lot more bang from the buck on a A than you do a C.

$35 k should buy a lot of class A. Unfortunately your entering in to the sellers market time of year. If you can wait and look, between Labor day and Christmas is an excellent time to buy.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #14

Don't give up on a Lazy Daze. They are out there. Especially in Southern California.

Keep your eye on Craig's list. I see more in there. Also some on RVTrader.com

-1991 Lazy Daze 22' Twin King

Tags
class c