Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Class C Itasca Spirit 31k

I have been reading this forum for a while now, don't read too much about the Itasca or Minnie Winnie 31 ft model. We have had ours for 7 months and about 7000 miles and love it so far. Anyone having any issues with theirs?
Happy Thanksgiving to all in the RV community

Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
I have the Winnie Minnie 31h. Aside from a noisy driver slide that Camping World is fighting with, I have no issues or complaints.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
I've had some "issues" with my 22014 Itasca Spirit 31K. The skylight leaked early on and was resealed 2 or 3 times, but still leaked. We had to take it off, remove all caulking on the roof and skylight, resealed it, and it hasn't leaked since.
When it came from the factory the waste valves were less than 6" above the ground and a considerable distance behind the rear axle. My son replumbed both tanks and gained about 4" ground clearance, and also changed from two separate valves to a Y fitting with both valves, as well as moving it closer to the rear axle.
I also had a problem with the floor sagging between the frame rails in the main living area by the sink. They had no lateral support under the floor, in about a 6' section, as well as a shorter section forward of that. That was corrected by Itasca allowing me to take it to a local metal fabrication shop where they installed a total of 4 cross braces on the frame rails to add support under those spans.
I also developed a leak in the cabover. Everywhere a leak could develop was resealed, but the leak still persisted. It was eventually discovered that the seam running from side to side where the front cabover wall meets my vinyl roof was never properly sealed. It looked fine but never really stuck to the fiberglass of the front wall. That was all removed and properly resealed and hasn't leaked since.
My MH is kind of an oddball in that it is a 2014, although it was built in Jan 2013. Sometime after building mine they went back to the fiberglass roofs which they normally use. They also had corrected the issue of the low hanging dump valves in a later model I saw. I can only assume they have corrected the sagging floor issue, since when I contacted them, they admitted it was a known issue.
Overall we're still quite satisfied with the MH, and realize it's a lower end unit, which meets our needs and expectations. It handles fine, without any of the issues that many seem to have with the longer E450s, it's not too bad on gas. The only thing that bothers me, is that at 32 1/2' long, there are a number of places I can go in my 24'er that I just can't go in this one. That's just the price you pay for having so much more room.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
Winnebago minnie Winnie 31K 2015 on 2014 Ford E450 took delivery At end of August drove 3000 miles
Handling was terrible
Rear air suspension right airbag was not even connected. Dealer in Kansas sold it without any air in it and we drove that way. When in California we discovered that local dealer connected it and put some air in them. Rear suspension feels much better.
Factory delivery to dealer drove that way too? Check your airbags dealer recommended 50 to 70 psi

Main slide makes crackling sound dealer said lube problem and lubricated it with CRC power lube it has not helped at all same problem persists

On most of the roads at speeds of 60 to 70 mph front end sways left to right wobbles back and forth. Hard to drive long distance as you get tired. I have driven other 26 footer trucks with 25000 lbs gross and they did not do that. Dealer suggested to go to Ford dealer for the front end problem will look into it

One of the biggest problem is with the rear camera rain water gets on it and it is full of droplets and water spots stay on it and you cannot see anything. This is critical as there is no rear window unlike some coaches. I tried rainX on the lens cover did not work. I called Winnebago they said to go to the dealer and open a work order so they can look into the problem. That was done 2 weeks ago let's see what happens

Keep the posts going
Flyboy rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #5
Class C Itasca Spirit 31k

We seriously looked at a 31 PK last summer. However the issues with handling "steered" us away from buying that particular model and brand.

What came from our conversations with the dealer was that Winnebago authorized them to have all future units delivered aligned at their expense.

I would seriously pursue the dealer to make arrangements near you to have the unit aligned. At their expense! As I understood it from the dealer we worked with Winnebago will pay for it.
Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
If you search you'll find an answer......Just purchased a 2014 Minnie Winnie 31K and other than some sloppy workmanship here and there the unit seems fine but today while snooping around I see a little water in the shower (rained like heck yesterday) and I see water in the skylight flange....removed screws (some were black and dirty) and I can see where a water stain in the corner is.....a quick run up on the roof shows all looks OK but tomorrow I'll really look.....ordered some Dicor roof sealant from Camping world and hope this is a quick fix.....dealer said it was under a carport while he had it (wonder if he knew something?)
Interesting post about Winnebago going back to a fiberglass roof system, I wonder what I have

RADRV is offline   Reply With Quote

class c, itasca