Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Class C leak prone????

In looking for a 1992-1999 Class C I have found evidence of leaks, either in the roof or around a window. Previous posts in a forum note this is not uncommon. In fact the main advice in purchase is looks for leaks. My question, will I be able to find one of this vintage without a history of a leak somewhere? In other words, does anyone own a Class C of this vintage with no history of leaks, so it is possible to find them now and then, or am I wasting my time looking for such a Class C.

Delamination is usually associated with water damage, but how likely is it to get delamination without water damage. That is the side wall just comes unglued. Does this happen very often in the aforementioned vintage Class Cs?

I looked at one this week that had a whole new roof cover, but the rear 6 feet on both sides of the coach were delaminated with signs of water damage on the interior walls. Obviously the new roof didn't come soon enough. Thanks for you experience.

fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of the reasons we bought our Aspect is that it did not have the cab overhang, (aka rug rat room) that most "C''s have. Almost every "C" we have looked at has some evidence of leakage due to weight and flexing of the overhang. This includes units without front windows.
Originally we looked at a 2005 Trail Lite "C" that was in excellent condition. Came very close to pulling the trigger on the purchase; told the salesman we wanted to take a final look before making up our minds. While we were looking at it, I pulled up the mattress in the cabover and discovered lots of mildew. I don't know where the water came from because there was no evidence over than the mildew. Salesman said they could fix it, I said no thanks and we walked.
Unless you need that overhang for the kids, consider a "C" without. The Aspect, Phoenix Cruiser, Jayco Melbourne, all are good examples of "C"s without the overhang.

Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
We bought an Aspect for the same reason. I had a Gulfstream C w/an overhang that did nothing but leak. I'll never buy an overhang again.
Siebrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
leak prone

Thanks for the information.
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

class c, leak