Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #1

Class C Levelers

I am considering a mid 200's 28 foot class c. It has no levelers which I just learned is common. What leveling system do you guys use.

Thanks
olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 01:06 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use wooden blocks my dad made that are beveled and stackable and wide enough to support both tires in back. Only takes a few minutes for me to get level with this system. It isnt as easy as pushing a button but less risk of failure to deploy or retract and much less expensive 😉
Old 06-17-2016, 04:48 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Big foot auto level system, but I still carry ramps and
blocks that I use first then finish with Big foot. Very stable
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #4

My Ford E 450 came with HWH Auto jacks.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Class C Levelers

My used rig came with the HWH Auto system also. It works very well in either auto or manual and the PO said he had never had a failure. It came in real handy recently when I changed out the electric fuel pump in the genny.......raised the rear end only........ to get additional clearance to scoot under and disconnect/reconnect the genny's fuel line.

I was disappointed in the stability aspect though. Motion in one end of the coach is definitely felt in the other end. When you look underneath after the jacks have "done their thing" the coach is obviously "on 4 stilts" and the laws of physics/dynamics will be obeyed. :^) Maybe the bigfoot brand is "beefier"..... dunno. Overall, I like the system and would opt for it again; but many seasoned RVer's don't believe it is worth the $ or the added complexity and they have a valid point IMHO.

One point to consider: The weight of the system will take a toll on the CCC of your rig. I'd guess about 150 to 200 lbs; and most of the longer (31 or 32 ft) Class C rigs don't have a lot of CCC to begin with (mine is 1279 lb with the leveling system option installed......a pretty skimpy number.)

Good luck with your hunt............. ed s
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #6

Levelers

Had HWI automatic levelers installed this spring, at their factory, and am very pleased with their service and product.
shiloh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #7

If it becomes a problem, I will go with the HWH levelers. The MH I am getting has the leveling blocks. Thanks to all.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #8

Had one 22 ft class, have a 28 ft class C. Made the classic stack 2x setup for the first one, still use it for the second. Seldom deploy them in the real world. Usually a bit of careful back and forth will result in a position where the food stays in the pan and the drinks on the table. That is a bigger hassle than walking up hill or the refrigerator. If all else fails I carry an entrenching tool. ;-)

Given that I consider any more complicated system a total waste of money and lost carrying capacity plus another potential failure point. YMMV
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Had a 40' with Jack's and did good job. New to us C have none, use blocks I made for the A and for the most part now use theplastic commercial leveling blocks. Set a bubble level on the center console when level and through a little experience can level the first time by looking at the bubble and by it's position know how many where. In over a 100 nights this year we have not needed blocks that often. Most commercial site are near level, it has been Forest service and State perks that are problematic. Most I have used so far is 2 or 3 inches.

LEN
Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #10

Andersen 3604 levelers work well. If one needs more height, the Andersen 3620 Rapid Jack with a 3605 Tuff Chock will work.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #11

Here is a level I installed on my smartphone. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	level.png
Views:	396
Size:	693.7 KB
ID:	130854  
Old 06-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by olustee bus View Post
What leveling system do you guys use.
HERE is what I use.

Tim
Healeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #13

leveling jacks on class c

thanks everyone for your answers, guess we will continue to look for used Class C with auto levelers
Carolynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #14

I have a Coachman Leprechaun 319DS, and had HWI levelers installed at their factory. It's the fully automatic system (though you can control it manually, too), and we love it. Not inexpensive, but worth it to us.

I said I'd never have them, unless we happened to purchase a unit that already had them installed. So, it was blocks and boards, check and recheck, and that was fine -- we did it for decades. However, now that we have them and are spoiled, I wouldn't want to go back to lumber and plastic.

Too, we are older, and it's just one less thing to contend with.
shiloh14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, levelers