Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
ncoonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
I had the Bigfoot EZE Leveling system installed yesterday at Quadra Manufacturing's plant in White Pigeon, MI. In a word, it is great. The basic installation included the manual control panel mounted in a small plastic box tethered to the coach under the driver's seat by an 8' cable. This makes it very easy to check your position with a level inside while making adjustments. It isn't as slick as the automatic system but it's a lot cheaper and I can spare the 90 seconds it takes to do it myself.

The Quadra folks are very nice and the service manager who oversees (and sometimes participates in) the installations is a great guy. He answered all my questions and sent me on my way after 3.5 hours. I parked on a sloped spot last night and was able to get level very easily and enjoyed a coach that doesn't jiggle when you walk around.

Highly recommended!

...ned.
__________________

__________________
Ned & Marcia
Downers Grove, IL
2013 Four Winds 28Z on 2012 Ford E450 V-10
ncoonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Davinger's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cocoa Beach Fl.
Posts: 257
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Glad to hear you are happy. They do have products to fit most budgets and it beats putting boards under the tires.
__________________

__________________
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoonen View Post
I had the Bigfoot EZE Leveling system installed yesterday at Quadra Manufacturing's plant in White Pigeon, MI. In a word, it is great. The basic installation included the manual control panel mounted in a small plastic box tethered to the coach under the driver's seat by an 8' cable. This makes it very easy to check your position with a level inside while making adjustments. It isn't as slick as the automatic system but it's a lot cheaper and I can spare the 90 seconds it takes to do it myself.

The Quadra folks are very nice and the service manager who oversees (and sometimes participates in) the installations is a great guy. He answered all my questions and sent me on my way after 3.5 hours. I parked on a sloped spot last night and was able to get level very easily and enjoyed a coach that doesn't jiggle when you walk around.

Highly recommended!

...ned.

Ned -

Thanks for the reco. We've had our unit about 3 weeks now. I have decided that I'm probably going to add a leveling / stabilizing system at some point. Figure I might as well do it sooner rather than later to enjoy it as much as possible.

- If you don't mind my asking, what was the price? The system you got is the exact one I'm considering. I live in Southern Ohio so am not too far away from Quadra.

- How much does it stop the jiggle as you call it? We have 2 kids, a 12 year old girl & an 8 year old boy. We sleep in the back. One kid is on the bunk, another on the couch. As they move, it feels like we're on a waterbed in the back. Is the jiggle completely gone or does it go from something like a 10 to a 3?

- Last, if you are on a level spot, would the system stop the jiggle? Not sure if it would really work then as the feet wouldn't really come out or at least not much.

Thanks for any help you can provide in answering these questions.
__________________
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
ncoonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
- If you don't mind my asking, what was the price? The system you got is the exact one I'm considering. I live in Southern Ohio so am not too far away from Quadra.
The system is $2,190 plus $600 installation and Michigan sales tax.

Quote:
- How much does it stop the jiggle as you call it? We have 2 kids, a 12 year old girl & an 8 year old boy. We sleep in the back. One kid is on the bunk, another on the couch. As they move, it feels like we're on a waterbed in the back. Is the jiggle completely gone or does it go from something like a 10 to a 3?
The jiggle goes away because the weight of the coach is not borne by the suspension. You just need to lift the frame slightly to make the floor feel solid instead of wiggly. I didn't the the jiggly feel was very bad (we have no children) but once I used the leveling system, it feels like home - very solid.

Quote:
- Last, if you are on a level spot, would the system stop the jiggle? Not sure if it would really work then as the feet wouldn't really come out or at least not much.
Sure. You just need to firm up the coach by taking the compliance out of the suspension.

...ned.
__________________
Ned & Marcia
Downers Grove, IL
2013 Four Winds 28Z on 2012 Ford E450 V-10
ncoonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
This spring, Big Foot had a special on install at their location in Michigan for $100 instead of the normal $600. We didn't own our class C then. But I made a note of it being a good deal. Does anyone know if that was a one time thing or something they tend to do annually in the spring or perhaps in the fall too?
__________________
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Davinger's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cocoa Beach Fl.
Posts: 257
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
There are other brands that arent as costly as Bigfoot. You can check websites. I chose Bigfoot because each of the jacks are stand alone and require almost no maintainance. It is pretty much the Mercedes of the leveling systems. (That is my personal opnion.) You can add them to just about any RV to include towables.
__________________
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
I have had my Bigfoot jacks raise my front tires completely off the ground in order to get level. Had to retract, place blocks under that tire and reset. Always check to see all tires are on the ground.
I also had the Ride-Rite air suspension system ($350 parts; $275 labor) added to the rear springs only. Dramatically improved ride comfort in the coach. No welding/drilling required for installation so thought I could do it myself. Turns out, there were parts in the way on the right rear that I could not manage so had my dealer install them.
__________________

__________________
cycletwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leveling



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.