Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Class C leveling system in action

I have received several inquiries about the hydraulic leveling system on my Class C. I have the Bigfoot Auto leveling system. This is one of the best systems out there and can be quite costly. There are several lower priced models available from both Bigfoot and other manufacturers. My coach fully loaded weighs about 13700LBS. The beauty of this system is that it is fast and more importantly it is easy. For those with disabilities or are like me basically lazy this is ideal. I made a quick video and posted it on youtube so you can see just how easy.

A note you cannot use this system while the engine is running that goes for both lowering and raising. So you park it take out the keys and let it do its job. Enjoy and here is the link. I am not a professional photographer so I apologize for the poor video quality.

Auto level Class C - YouTube

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

That seems like a slick system. It would certainly take some of the rocking out from my kids moving around!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice. Is that an after market add on? On my factory installed HWH system I have to have the engine running. But it works pretty much the same way. By the way the video was good quality. Image was good and no issues viewing it.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #4

Do you mind me asking the cost installed?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #5

Thanks so much for posting! I have a 2013 Greyhawk FS on order that should be shipped Aug 7. I am so, so looking forward to delivery day. Our plan was to down grade from our Class A Tiffin, but with all the amenities the Greyhawk has, I feel as if I have upgraded!
Paula
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice video. Thanks, you have convinced me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
That was an aftermarket system I had the dealership install. Since I included it with the deal I think the total price was around $3100.00. The install time was 8 hours and it was done in Lakeland Fl. at Bigfoot.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #8

Carolina Campers
That is one sweet setup! Thank you for the info!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs View Post
Very nice. Is that an after market add on? On my factory installed HWH system I have to have the engine running. But it works pretty much the same way. By the way the video was good quality. Image was good and no issues viewing it.
Todd
Turn your ignition key to acc. You can than operate your HWH jacks.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
I think the recommendation to run the engine while levelling is to prevent a big hit on the battery. Our four previous MHs all suggested running the engine while levelling. Also, the jacks would not go down or up if the parking brake was not engaged.

We don't have levellers in our 5th and current MH and I have to say we don't miss them. But, to put the slide out the parking brake must be engaged.

We've had both HWH and Power Gear systems as well as 4 jack and 3 jack systems. With auto levelling just hope the control unit never goes wonky since it is then difficult to determine what it thinks is level. I'd be inclined to stand close to the door to be able to turn it off in case it develops brain fade.

We also made a point of keeping the recalibration instructions handy. When the batteries are turned off and it is in storage it might well lose its calibration.

Don
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
Hi Tom,
You could be right but for my 2011 both the manual and the dealer instruction (part of the walk thru) say for both slide and jack operation to have the emergency brake on and the engine running. They do work without the engine running but very slowly. They wont work at all without the e-brake on.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine do not require the emergency brake to be applied but will not deploy with the key turned to the ACC or the engine running. They also will not retract with the key in ACC or the engine running.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #13

i have the HWH system installed (cheaper) they work well and i opted for the manual leveling only just because i want to control the jacks, i dont trust the box. Another reason is that the HWH system uses springs to retract so if everything goes to pot i can always get them out of the way and get home. I am having a problem with the system this trip with a sticky shuttle valve (at least it seems to me) when i get home i will call them and verify it but for now i have to give the valve an attitude adjustment while the wife runs the pump to develope pressure.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd1985 View Post
i have the HWH system installed (cheaper) they work well and i opted for the manual leveling only just because i want to control the jacks, i dont trust the box. Another reason is that the HWH system uses springs to retract so if everything goes to pot i can always get them out of the way and get home. I am having a problem with the system this trip with a sticky shuttle valve (at least it seems to me) when i get home i will call them and verify it but for now i have to give the valve an attitude adjustment while the wife runs the pump to develope pressure.
One of the things I like about my system is that I can control the jacks individually to the point of lifting the tires off the ground. There is an emergency retract and each of the 4 jacks is a self contained unit. So if there is a problem with one you can usually fix it with a simple wrench.

Tags
leveling