Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #1

Class C MH

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180208_141721.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	191609Click image for larger version

Name:	20180208_141625.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	191610In need of input on a cover for MH, 30'. Purchased one this summer and installed in mid December. Already coming apart at tie down locations. Has a full length vent at top on both sides. And NO, I did not tie down to tight, lines under MH are loose. Is loose my problem? See attached pics.
stvns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #2

I have the same problem, bought cover in September put it on my 33’ MH December 11 , it’s torn at every tie down spot
toyotech358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #3

Thank you very much for your reply. So it's not just me?
Old 02-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a couple of those same type of covers we used on our first motorhome and they didn't last a year. We went through the time and expense to send one back for warranty replacement but of course it didn't last a full year either.

We figured it was the Arizona summer sun that caused them to deteriorate, plus they were made from a very inexpensive material.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #5

Thanks for your reply. MH is parked 4' from my garage on the North side. Very unhappy, will not replace just to have it tear again. Will just advertise for this company were ever I can, on forums. "Savvy craft" class C, sold by Bright Picks. Ordered from Amazon
Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Your lucky the only damage was to the cover. I've seen poor covers ruin the finish on some MHs. I don't use them.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #7

I bought a cover for my Class C used on Craigslist. The prior owner just tried fitting it once and then stuffed it back into the box. It was made by https://classicaccessories.com/rv these guys. Upon removal of the cover the next Spring I accidentally got a zipper caught on the awning tube and destroyed the zipper. I contacted Classic and asked if I could buy a new zipper. I was told that they don't sell parts but they would replace the cover one time at no cost. I explained that I bought it used and on Craigslist and the warranty had long since expired so they really had no obligation but they insisted upon replacing it after I sent them a picture of the label and torn zipper. Within days it arrived at my home free of charge. These are the folks you want to buy from!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #8

Generally, "affordable" covers are made of a Tyvek material with "reinforced corners". Went through a couple of theses before I finally just gave up on them. I tried putting ensolite pads, cut to fit, under corners, or tight areas, tying loosely, tying tightly. Made no difference. In most cases, I found wind to be the main culprit as the constant motion just wore out contact areas regardless of what you do to protect them. The other issue, is I am getting too old to think about climbing around the top of any RV anymore! When we went to the class C RV, I was fortunate that it would fit inside my shop area, so no longer have to worry about outside storage.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c