Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was looking at the August issue of Good Sam's Highways magazine today and notice on page 3 there is a class C motorhome built on an Isuzu NPR. I did a double take, as this is not something I've ever seen. I suspect this motorhome was from overseas. I, for one, would like to see some manufacturer do this. The closest we've come is Sarfari built on this chasis, but it was a class A. This has been probably 8 - 10 years ago now. My experience with these trucks is they're a little light on power, but bullet-proof otherwise. I suspect they will get as good or better mileage as the current models on the Freightliner (Mercedes) chassis.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was looking at the August issue of Good Sam's Highways magazine today and notice on page 3 there is a class C motorhome built on an Isuzu NPR. I did a double take, as this is not something I've ever seen. I suspect this motorhome was from overseas. I, for one, would like to see some manufacturer do this. The closest we've come is Sarfari built on this chasis, but it was a class A. This has been probably 8 - 10 years ago now. My experience with these trucks is they're a little light on power, but bullet-proof otherwise. I suspect they will get as good or better mileage as the current models on the Freightliner (Mercedes) chassis.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:42 AM   #3

I owned three of them is different weight classes and loved all of them. These little trucks got 15 mpg loaded or empty. They would do us all a favor if they where to put a few under small class A's.They will run for ever with oil changes and filters as I had no major problems with any of them and one or two had over 150 K.They will not lead the crowd but they do cruise well.
Mikeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:17 AM   #4

Early 90's I was stationed overseas in Japan and a very good friend of mine worked for a company that manuf. Class C's on the ISUZU Chassis (MH's in Japan? Yep). They had 2 different models that the employee's were able to borrow at anytime on a first come first served basis. We tried to use them all the time but were in high demand because prospective buyers were also able to take them out for free! Customer Service Baby! They were nothing short of outstanding. At the time the only draw back was you could only get them with a manual trans but I prefered them that way with the diesel 4 cylinder. Boy they were built tough but felt comfy. A bit small by American Standards. Nice floor plans and all fiberglass exterior. We drove it in the snow a couple of times and it was the only MH I felt comfortable doing that with. With the 4 cyl you had to wind out the lower gears on the hills but the fuel economy paid off in the long run. Those were the good times...

Workhorse W-24
Rock-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote