Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #1

Class C or B+

I am looking to trade my Winnebago Vista 26ft to a class B+
We are finding it a little hard yo drive boxy and short wheel base. We love the couch but drivablity is not where we need to he Lots of storage but not needed for 2 people
Any opions on good drivability on any class C or B+ prefer under 30 ft and like having a separate bedroom . I font think I want yo pay for a deisel but all opions and experiences are welcome.
Thanks aznancy
aznancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #2

If you want newer or new, I was looking at Winnebago Views yesterday and they look quite nice with a couple different floor plans.
SissyBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

I'm in a 2010 Fleetwood Pulse 24D and towing a Mazda Miata. Without the toad, it gets 15 mpg in relatively flat terrain and about 13 towing the toad. Lots of room in this unit and I absolutely love the way it drives. Nice having diesel generator so I don't have to worry about tracking down propane. Happy camper here.

Don Coleman
2010 Fleetwood Pulse 24D
Towing Mazda Miata
doncolemanjr@gmail.com
captiva240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #4

Look at the Winnebago Aspect. I just bought a new 2015 and love it so far.
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #5

WE have a 08 Aspect. Very happy with it. We down sized from a 35' Adventurer class A.

A B+ is just a C with out the Rug Rat room over the cab. same cutaway truck chassis.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #6

We downsized from 41 foot DP to a Itasca Cambria 29h with two slides last year. So far we like our "little" coach. It drives easy and pulls our Ford Hybrid Escape averaging between 8 & 9 mpg. We used to over winter in our DP coach until we bought a home in McAllen to over winter. Some people might call a Cambria a B+, as it is a C without a cab over sleeper area. I wouldn't want to live in it full time, but big enough for week or two trips and long weekends. It is just my wife and I and two small dogs who think they are just small people. Hope this helps you.
eldonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #7

Coachmen makes the Concord 27' that has a separate bedroom. Our friends have one and it's very nice. V10 Ford.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We just dropped from a DP to a C with the bed in the back, that I like, good mattress with topper and a quick make in the morning. I can nap on the coach but long time sleeping on a fold out is not like my mattress. It is a little shorter on storage but not taking the stuff we hauled around for the last few years and didn't use is helping. Hanging closet space is the biggest problem if we are gone two or three seasons, but finding work around's. As to drivablity ours handles well, might look at tire pressure and alignment before a new rig or a stabilizer. Also I don't like the all in one toilet shower sink like alot of the smaller rigs have.

LEN
Old 06-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #9

AZNancy, While I'm no expert , in fact a down right newby, thought I'd post a thought for you in your search. The wife and I are in love with our Winnebago Trend. Our is a 2014 and through a set of fortunate circumstances, (the original owner was moving out of country to a new job and had to move quick) we put a deal together and got a near new camping car with less then 5,000 miles. The Trend is a remarkable unit. The floor plan we have is the 23L with a full size bed in the right rear, the 2nd bed is a loft bed which lowers from the ceiling. Winnebago claims the unit will sleep six and it will but seems more comfortable with four. For two folks such my wife and i its a palace! Did I mention it has a real toilet and stand up shower. The Trend is 24 feet overal length with 7.5 feet in width. It's roomy and well made with many well thought out features. For example in the chassis section the driver and the passenger seats which are quite comfortable, sit on a flat floor and can be rotated 180 degree's to sit at the breakfast nook table. The chassis section has excellent visability and sports a 3.6 liter V-6 engine with front wheel drive. At 65 to 70MPH the trend will burn 17.1 MPG. Another thing we like is the brakes. Their disc's all the way around.
At 24 feet it handles well in city traffic (Seattle) and had no issues with parking in most area's.The unit comes with a rear view TV monitor. We plan to travel with the unit as a stand alone vehicle with no "TOAD". Winnebago has an on-line brochure for the Trend at its site. I'd invite you to check it out to see if it meets your needs. I've seen a number of discounted units for sale that seem competative in price for whats available on the market. It might be worth looking into. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	96652  
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #10

AZNANCY, attached is a copy of our 23L floor plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	96657  
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike
We opted for the Winnebago view v since we liked having the twin beds
It's on order, no experience at all, but hoping we'll like it as much as you like the trend.
We're also not planning on a toad
Jim
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I just purchased a Winnebago Chalet (Access) 24.8.' It has a queen bed in
the rear, no slides. The Access comes with slides if you prefer. This was
a rental unit. It does have some swag in the rear but not as much as the 26' Winnebago. It is quite roomy for two people. Of course, it is all perspective
as we were traveling for months in a 1992 Winnebago Warrior. This one
seems hugh in size by comparison.
Ladypilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c