Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have the 04 Minnie 29B as well. No real complaints other than what Jim said above the outside storage is cumbersome at times. Overall it handles well, I did have the steer-safe installed when we first got it and that seemed to really help. Will be in the A market in the future tho.

Steve & Pat Wilson

Steve & Pat Wilson

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
[QUOTE] however the one thing is that the exterior storage compartments are so low and I am not able to retrieve anything from them with out getting on hands and knees, especially knees and my knees have progressively gotten worst past few years. >>

There is also a down side to that....the further the coach is off the ground, the more steps to go up, and down, each time you go in, and out !!
My knees are also old, and I find that steps hurt them more than anything. Is there a possibility of having the basement doors hinged a different way ? I sit on a step stool to get stuff out of my basements, as long as there is something for me to hold on to, to get back up again !

Rving, and fixing them since 1968

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
Yes. 53Clipper, entering and leaving the MH also is heck on the knees for me also. But I went to a RV show yesterday and I actually seen a class C which was a bit higher than mine and had the EZstorage system on the living room slide and the other compartment doors access much more conveinent. It was a Fleetwood Tioga SL. Must put on my list of considerations.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #18
I just purchased a "C" for the first time. I've been camping for several years but always in a pop-up. I wanted a class C for more of the conveiniences, but didn't want to go to big so I could still get in the older and more mature corp and state parks. I purchased a 1996 Itasca Spirit 29". I didn't want to go that old but with only 10'000 miles this unit looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. This may not be the place to ask a question but I'll try anyway. The camper has not been used for 3 years but has been started at least once a month, both engine (454) and generator, and it's always been winterized. Beings I've never owned an RV, are there any concerns I should have? ie. Plumming, seals, electrical, generator etc. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Bummer, Liz & Sadie Girl

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:16 AM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Our Class "C" is an 04 31'Chateau by Thor,Ford 6.8l v10.
Has everything we need, plenty of room, all the goodies, easy to handle and can camp in places where a Class "A" could'nt go. Pull a Jeep TJ with plenty powerleft for hills and what ever else comes along. Comfortable, with the wife me and occasional grand kids. Ain't lusting after any other RV just wish I had more time to use this one more. Just10 months to retire, then see ya' on the road..........
MIke & Karen

Swannee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:53 AM   #20
For 30 some years we have had class C's, even before they began calling them Class C's. We are on our sixth rig, a 1998 Lazy Daze (bought new) and already have more than 700 nights camping and 148,000 miles. Two observations:

1. The Ford V-10 is head and shoulders above anything else we have had.

2. A Lazy Daze Class C is a dream - handles beautifully, very well made and looks like new.

We would never have anything other than a class C. Even in our 70's, there is NOTHING like a cabover bed boondocking on a summer evening with a window inches from your face. We also get to use all the space a bedroom would steal, and in our case it is a lounge with two couches and three HUGH picture windows.

Life is sweet.

Gus Weber
Gus Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #21
First we had a class C Minnie 24F then we upgraded to a Bounder class A. Now we are downsizing and going back to a class C. No more class A's. In my opinion after going up and down a lot of mountains out west for the last 5 years, a class C handles a lot better on mountain roads and twisty curves. The new Workhorse/GM rides like a dream compared to the 2 Fords I owned. We pick up our new FourWinds 28A non slide on Mar. 29th. The test drive convinced me and wife that this is much more comfortable that what we had. She has acid reflux and can't take any rough riding. Travel Safe!
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
And we just sold a 37' DP, to move down to a 31' class C. Now I just can't wait to get in, turn the key, and drive. No more waiting for air pressure, a "wait to start" light to go off, or that huge size that was so comfortable to drive but so imposing.
Dan & Geri and our rescue sheltie, Casey
2015 Winnebago View 24J
dancogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #23
We went from a tent to our 04 Winnebago Minnie 32G. We were looking at pop-ups, but with our two girls we were afraid it would be too small. Everytime I see a family in a pop-up a think to myself how glad I am we went with the Minnie.
2004 Minnie 32G
Minniecraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:45 AM   #24
We traded in a 97 Roadtrac 190 for our 2001 Coachman Catalina 24' w/slide. The funney thing is, we bought the Roadtrac in 2000 with 11,000 miles on it, traded it in Spring of 2005 with 15,000 miles on it. The Coachman had 9,400 miles on it and after one year has almost 16,000 on it. I guess it's safe to say, we're enjoying this more then the Roadtrac.
#3and8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #25
I have just sold a Holiday Rambler Navigator 400 and downsized to a 30ft BT cruiser 5291 3slide deisel.full leather ect.Its only just arrived here in the UK.And I just hope the smaller rig will be easier to drive on our small roads.Iv owned several C Class deisels in the past and must say I think I prefer them for the weekends away.BUT I WILL ALWAYS MISS THE NAVIGATORS LUXURY..pete..
pete beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #26
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome pete beale to irv2
Good to have you aboard from across the big pond. We have some others from your neck of the woods and exchange thoughts between us. Check out all the forums and lend a hand if you see fit. "007"

98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote