Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

We would like to learn a little about our Class C owners and their rigs, so I am posting several polls to gather and share some basic information. I hope all you Class C owners will participate. And in some cases, C wannabees can answer too!

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

We would like to learn a little about our Class C owners and their rigs, so I am posting several polls to gather and share some basic information. I hope all you Class C owners will participate. And in some cases, C wannabees can answer too!

Old 12-15-2005, 06:46 AM   #3

Ours is a 2005 R-Vision 31' .... traded in our 36' Fifth wheel for it and have not looked back. Before that we had a 36' Pace Arrow 'A'
The 'C' is just right for the two of us and our two dogs ... good driving, handling and, best of all, parking.

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #4

We downsized from a Workhorse Seebreeze LX 34' to a Coachmen Concord 275 DS which is 29' with a B+ front end and 2 slides. My wife enjoys driving this rig. No problem with handling. The rig gave us enough CCC, we can still tow a small auto (or not). It has a queen bed (slide) and large closet. We like having a division of space. It has all the high end features that the Class A had. We found we got tired of the "parking lot" type RV parks and wanted to head to Fed and State parks, this RV fits in anywhere. The only thing I have missed in downsizing is the RV club that National RV has, it was wonderful.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting - it never occured to me to ask about downsizing. Sounds like we could devote a thread to that, maybe something like "why did you choose a Class C?"
Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #6

Cool! A forum for us C'ers.
OK, we chose a C as our 1st rv for these reasons:
1) It fits in the driveway
2) It fits the budget
3) Our teenage son really likes his "cave" over the cab
4) We really liked the floorplan.

At some point, we may look at an A, but for now we are very happy with our Jayco Greyhawk.

Maple & Maroon Interior
myway2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #7

I have an old 21' class C I have had for 15 years (almost 16) and love it. It handles like a van, you can park it in most parking spots and it actually sleeps more people than my 40' diesel pusher!!

I added an 8 X 15 foot screen room to it for extra living space. It has everything you actually need, fridge, AC, microwave, TV, 4 burner stove with ovan, small bath with shower and double sink in the kitchen.

The 40 footer was recently in the shop for a little over 2 weeks for warranty work, we got the C out of storage, fired right up, set it up and used it instead of staying in a motel.

Sure has been a good little RV, in 15 years the only thing to quit on it was the fridge at 13 years of age, put a new one in it and we were good to go again. Wish I could say the same for the "Big RV"...

Terry
Old 12-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #8

I have a 36' Class A Airstream, and I have hardly ever driven it ! Also have a Class C, that I drive all over. My husband died, and he did the driving. The width between the mirrors on the Class A, and that BIG cockpit, just don't feel right to me, even though I have driven a lot of them. It is not something that you can hop in, and go to the store. It's not the length, it's the width at the front.
After he got sick, I did the driving, but in the Class C, as happy as a lark ! Even towed a 17' Hi-Lo behind it for 2500 miles ! There is a big difference in the feel mentally, physically, the handling, and parking. The Class A's get driven a lot less that the Class C's and B's, unless you are a full-time traveler, of course. I wouldn't want another Class A, but that is just me.

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 AM   #9

We have a 2000 Jayco Designer 32' with one small slide. This is our 1st. motor home, which we bought new in the spring of 2000. I retired in the fall of 1999 and tha's when we decided to shop around for an RV. Looked at everything from Type A to C to B and also trailers.

Our only experience with RV'ing of any kind was about 30 years ago with a small pop up that we bought used. Sold it for what we paid for it 3 years later when our youngest daughter was born.

We are very happy with the size of the coach, and so far have not towed anything and don't intend to. Our style of motor homing is such that we don't generally stay put at one location very long. I think the longest that we've stayed in at one spot is a couple of weeks, and for that we rented a car. We are also very satisfied with the Jayco, but I've been very un-happy with the dealership where we bought it. In fact we've found a non Jayco RV dealer that has been doing any thing that we need to have done, and we also buy our supplies there cheaper than the Jayco Dealer.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #10

First I'm very happy to see a spot for the class"C", even though I have had great help at the MH and Toy haulers here also, those toy haulers are a hoot!. My wife and I bought our first RV, class C, this past July. It is a 05 Four Winds 31P and we like it a lot drives/handles pretty well. We have purchased a small trailer to haul the HD around with us, its nice riding most the day and then coming back to your own home. I can retire in 3 yrs/8 mos, but whose counting! I only wish I could get it back from Giant RV, they are doing some warranty work and have had it since 1 Nov., starting to really torque my jaws. It seems that they have a hard time calling ya back, hope to get back next week.......Bill
Old 02-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #11

We went with the C and love it. Our friends that got us into RVing have had TT , C and 2 As. Now they plan their trips and go less, we go and enjoy. Yes we don't have a queen sized bedroom seperate from the living room but when we pull the over the cab matteresses down across the sofa/dinning table bed we have wall to wall comfrot and 10 less feet to pull around all day. To each his own. If we change it will be to a Lazy Days.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
After owning 7 trailers parked in a CG for summer months I said to my wife I'am restless. We went out and bought a 86 class "C" called a "TOMMY" with twin beds 26' Ford. "Are there any still in existance"
Two years later we had to get a class "A" family grew with a set of twins and we had other Foster children. That was 5 class A's ago. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #13

After having four diff. slide ins and three trucks we wanted more room but didn't want to give up being able to get into small area's we could go with the truck. The class c with slide fit the bill perectly. scotty.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #14

Ours is a 2004 Minnie 29B which we like very much however the one thing is that the exterior storage compartments are so low and I am not able to retrieve anything from them with out getting on hands and knees, especially knees and my knees have progressively gotten worst past few years. I have looked at many "C's" but do not see to many that are higher even the super chassis. We like the Class C but may have to consider a Class A in the future.