Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #29

Class C build

Very happy with not only the quality of the build, but the after sale customer service with Tiffin. We have a Wayfarer Class C!
dosxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #30

Thor Quantum RS26

In April of 2016 we purchased a Thor Quantum RS26 and have put 32,000+ miles on it. It is a perfect size for the two of us and our 2 bassets and so far there hasn't been a road that has stopped us. We try to stay off of the Interstate Highways and it has been a good mobile motel room! The Quantum is basically an upscale finished Four Winds and has great finishes. I particularly like the E450 chassis and the V10 engine. We had a few issues that were taken care of and feel that it is a good quality vehicle. I see complaints on the Quantum but it appears that just about every RV line gets complaints...very seldom do folks speak up with complements!
dibleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #31

We absolutely love our 26’ Lazy Daze. We bought it second hand and are amazed at the quality of construction. New ones are built to order and very expensive for a reason, but if you look around you may find a nice used one. We did on Craig’s list. They are built on the Ford 450 chassis.
Kamani74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #32

Leisure Travel Vans has several nice floor plans to choose from, and are top-quality. Not sure about your price range, but new ones are in the $140-150K range.
Rogerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #33

The OP has been silent since June 29 I think.
I assume he got the info he needed and is on the road.
Good luck
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #34

You and your wife should visit some shows and buy the one the wife likes. Happy wife; happy life!

Seriously, the wife spends the most time inside the unit cleaning, cooking, making beds, etc. Get the unit best suited to her habits.

Not a very PC answer, but I never worked for the government so I never had a job requirement to be PC.

Happy trails.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #35

In many looks over the ;last 20 yrs I think the best made R/V is the Bigfoot it is made in Canada . Make sure you ck it out in your search Frank
Froggy1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #36

Class C

I have a Tiffin Wayfarer which is built well and the manufacturer in Alabama will stand by their product and fix whatever needs to be done. You can also call them for guidance. I am very happy with mine. I also pull a 10' trailer and it doesn't feel like I'm pulling anything. Good Luck with your search.

Anne
TowandaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:22 PM   #37

Smile Class C

Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Having owned a nice Class A for around 10 years, I think that I am able to tell people which manufacturer that are considered to make the best quality RV's in this category.

When it comes to Class C RV's I am completely in deep water.

I do appreciate that there are different views on this subject, and it depends on the size of you wallet and how you plan on using the RV, but could you point me in the right direction of a well build Class C manufacturer please!

I am not looking for the "Rolls Royce class" - just something that you consider good reliable quality and well made.

Thanks

I have a Thor Freedom Elite 29 FE. I have had a lot of issues with it. Could just be that Lemon that happens ever now and then but it makes it frustrating for me. Not recommending or telling you rule it out. Just check into whatever Unit you like very well. Look for hidden things.
Another point...I would not recommend Camping World. They have a lot of issues with their Service Department. Either they take forever to get parts and perform a repair or they tell you they replaced something with a new part and when you look at it at home you see they just pieced it back together half assed.
Just my 2 cents worth. I will give you a discount...Free thoughts and they might be worth that much :-)
RBulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #38

Since you said “classic Class C” - we bought a Coachmen Leprechaun thinking it’s above average in features. For example the driver and passenger seats swivel around like a Class A. Our dealer, and any work done post sale was absolute crap, but the basic coach was almost perfect as it arrived from the factory. Ours is a 33’ 319MB but there are shorter versions.

To be fair, all Cs are built on some kind of truck chassis, so you can’t disqualify things on that basis.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #39

Born Free
devildog1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #40

Gotta agree with Mark. I've had. A lot of RVs of all types and many sizes and find that few are "quality" but Lazy Daze seems to me to be among the best (though I've never had one).
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #41

I’ve owned a Thor class C sprinter, a Winni class B Dodge promaster and we now have a Jayco class C RedHawk on a Ford E450. Didn’t care for the Thor product but sprinter was decent, class B Winni on the Dodge promaster was awesome, handled like a large SUV, I liked dealing with Winni the best!, but wife hated the size of the class B, to small for her.
Our Jayco came with a 2 year warranty, price was grate, it’s built well with seatbelts for 8!, one piece cap on the 750 lb rated cab over-bunk, 7,500 tow rating 750 tongue rating. I have been upgrading the suspension to get it to handle as best as I can it’s almost there. Can’t complain to much about it. A year with it now and we are happy.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:36 PM   #42

Our Class C decision

My wife and I are from New Zealand and 2 years ago decided to purchase a Class C RV which we could store in the US and come over for 5-6 months each year. We looked around extensively at purely Class C as that is what I was most comfortable driving. We chose a Jayco Greyhawk 30X which we purchased new (peace of mind and warranty) in December 2017. Reasons - quality of build, JRide Plus benefits, separate bedroom with walk around double, separate vanity (not in toilet/shower room),
full length slide out providing plenty of room for extended travel. We are just on 12k miles and have been totally satisfied with our decision. Well worth including on your list. Best of luck
Kiwi keith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c