Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Class C slide on passenger slide

Hi everyone,

First I am new to this awesome forum, lots of great information for RVer's. Within the next few months I am looking to purchase a 2016 Thor Chateau 31L. I have some concerns with the bedroom slide on the passenger side. Does anyone with a slide on the passenger side have issues or regrets? Mainly I was concerned about campfire smoke, night noise, etc.

cvflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Others might disagree, but I don't think you'd find the slides areas allow any more noise in than the remainder of the walls, and certainly smoke shouldn't be an issue. We have a slide on the passenger side of the bedroom on our Palazzo, and just returned from a 5K mile cross country trip in some pretty cold weather. If anything, the side of the bedroom that has the slide remained warmer than the side without it...perhaps because there is some cabinetry and dresser drawers to provide extra insulation. If the headboard is tucked into the slide in your model, your experience could be different.

Alan, Margaret, and Lucy (the Maltipoo who runs the show)
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2
2015 Mini Cooper 4-Door Hardtop Toad
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
Thanks ABrask!
San Marcos, CA
Old 01-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Concern we have with passenger side slides is impact on patio/under awning space. Our new mh will have two passenger side slides which will change how we setup camp, but we will adjust.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #5
Class C slide on passenger slide

I have passenger side slide for couch. No problem with smoke from campfire.
AbdRahim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I had a Itasca Cambria with slide on passenger side for the bed. No noise or odor issues either. My dislike was having to fold the bed to close the slide when traveling and I had to make a custom two piece memory foam topper to put over the crummy 4" foam OEM mattress to make it comfortable to sleep on.
Randy - Manhattan, Kansas
2015 Vista 27N
2016 Honda HR-V
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
Thanks, great feedback.
San Marcos, CA
Old 01-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #8
We first owned a Winnebago 31' class C with one slide on the driver side. When we decided to trade up to a class A, having the slide(s) on the driver side with a major priority as we did not want a slide on the passenger side taking away from our patio space. Also the compartments on the passenger side are the ones I use most frequently and didn't want to crawl under a slide to get to them. This ruled out all Winnebagos and several other brands. We found a new 2013 Newmar Baystar with both slides on the driver side, with a floorplan that suited our needs. Since then we decided to go back to a smaller unit and purchased a Winnebago/Itasca Navion, one slide on the driver side.

For us we wouldn't want a MH with any slides on the passenger side.

2016 Itasca Navion 24J (Mercedes 3500 chassis)
Camper Ken is offline   Reply With Quote

class c, slide