Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #1

Class C Sprinter Chassis

We are looking to trade in our 2012 Siesta on the MB Sprinter Chassis for a new/newer model and are interested in one with 1 large side slide (that includes the bed). I don't need luxury, but do want quality. We live in Florida and I'd like one with better insulation and air flow than my current Thor.

Winnebago doesn't make that model, but is there another brand that is comparable to the quality of a Winnebago?

Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #2

I just got the Dynamax Isata 3 with the full wall slide. Incredible amount of floor space. Lots of standard features you don't find on the competition. Even though Dynamax was acquired by Forest River, they have a separate factory and quite a bit different that other FR product lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FF4CDEBA-1808-45DD-8049-560E31825726-3548-000003423F89CD6B.jpeg
Views:	1210
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	163554  

Old 05-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #3

Yes, that's the floorplan we like. Yours looks very nice!
Old 05-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #4

Here is the exterior. The paint job on their rigs is unbelievable. Several different color options to choose. With this full wall floor plan, you can pick from dinette (ours), theater seats or sofa with a dining table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADEDD558-EFA8-42BB-B3CC-C4E417F4690A-3548-0000034236B34F55.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	163557  
Old 05-31-2017, 06:05 AM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Those Dynamax units are great! You might also look at Leisure Travel Vans. The Unity line is a seriously top notch RV with quite a few floor plans.
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:05 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago is introducing (or reintroducing) the full wall slide in the View/Navion models in 2018.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #7

We have the same Isata 3 MH (2017) and love it. I really more spacious that it appears from the outside. We have spent up to 3 months at a time in it with no complaints.

momdoc
Old 05-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #8

We are on our second three day shake out trip in ours (picked up 5-4-17) and have found no issues so far. We are planning a long trip to the PA Amish country which will be our first long trip. The Sprinter drives very smooth.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #9

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the information. I wonder if the Navion/View will have the same one they had in the past, with the rear bath? or if it will be comparable to the Isata 3? I'd love to see an Isata, but not sure which dealers in N Florida/S Georgia have them?

We bought our used Siesta 2 years ago. We weren't sure if we would like a class c after having a 5th wheel for so many years, but our needs had changed. Driving this thing is a dream!

Ours is a rear slide, which I thought would give us lots of room, but I don't think you really gain much at all. I do like the outside storage in the rear slide design. I guess everything is a trade off.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #10

They are easy to find (Isata 3), just go to the isata web site and plug in "find a dealer" and you will see many in your area.
We got ours at North Trail RV in FT. Meyers Fl. I am not sure I would use them again but we go the price wanted, the rig we wanted, and love the rig.

momdoc
Old 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is link to new 2018 Navion 24 D with one full slide and a Murphy bed. Bathroom in back.

https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...-preview.x.pdf
Old 06-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #12

The Isata is a nice rig, but I had a difficult time justifying the additional $20K they wanted for the "coach only" difference between FR and Dynamax. The interior is flashier (no disrespect intended here, people), but was not enough to cause me to buy it. My wife really liked the unit, but we got the FR Sunseeker MBS 2400R and are very happy with it. We especially like the rear bed slide as opposed to one wall slide. Also, we have a higher availability of weight for trips as opposed to the "W" model. It all depends on what you really like and how much you are willing to spend, in the end. Both are very nice units.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneypaul View Post
Here is link to new 2018 Navion 24 D with one full slide and a Murphy bed. Bathroom in back.

https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...-preview.x.pdf

Thanks for the link. I like the idea of Winnebago quality, but I'm not sure I'd want a murphy bed.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
The Isata is a nice rig, but I had a difficult time justifying the additional $20K they wanted for the "coach only" difference between FR and Dynamax. The interior is flashier (no disrespect intended here, people), but was not enough to cause me to buy it. My wife really liked the unit, but we got the FR Sunseeker MBS 2400R and are very happy with it. We especially like the rear bed slide as opposed to one wall slide. Also, we have a higher availability of weight for trips as opposed to the "W" model. It all depends on what you really like and how much you are willing to spend, in the end. Both are very nice units.
Thanks, HighDesert. We saw the Sunseeker and loved the look of the unit. I'm glad to hear that you have been happy with it. I don't need "flashy", but I do want quality. I'm not familiar with FR products and appreciate hearing from owners.

There are a lot of things I like about the Siesta, but we think there are a couple of design flaws....plus, I want an electric awning!

Are your electric/water hookups on the outside of the cabin? and if so, are there any pros/cons for that?

Tags
chassis, class c