Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdrap View Post
we are thinking of doing the same thing. Could you please let me know what kind of recliners and how you attached them? Thanks.
We bought a Lazyboy love seat with a double recliner. It fit the space perfectly. A friend of mine with a machine shop made some threaded feet for the front feet so I could extend the feet to the floor of the RV which is lower than the floor of the slide out. He attached rollers to these feet so that the love seat would roll smoothly as the slide out goes in and out. He also fabricated two steel brackets that he attached to the floor of the slide out and then double back over the lower frame of the love seat so that the frame slides back and forth under these brackets. I know that this is kind of hard to visualize. If you want to provide your email to me at rdale1942@yahoo.com, I will try to send you some pix. Good luck with it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale1942 View Post
We bought a Lazyboy love seat with a double recliner. It fit the space perfectly. A friend of mine with a machine shop made some threaded feet for the front feet so I could extend the feet to the floor of the RV which is lower than the floor of the slide out. He attached rollers to these feet so that the love seat would roll smoothly as the slide out goes in and out. He also fabricated two steel brackets that he attached to the floor of the slide out and then double back over the lower frame of the love seat so that the frame slides back and forth under these brackets. I know that this is kind of hard to visualize. If you want to provide your email to me at rdale1942@yahoo.com, I will try to send you some pix. Good luck with it.
It would be helpful to many if you could post your pictures here on the forum. Thanks!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17

I don't know how to post the pix. I will post them if you can tell me how to do so. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale1942 View Post
I don't know how to post the pix. I will post them if you can tell me how to do so. Thanks.
Here you go...
  • Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
  • Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
  • Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
You can also:
  • Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
  • Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
  • Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
  • Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
About attachment storage limits
When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image from our photo gallery into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #19

Took out couch and replaced with two small recliners and ottomans.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Couch Conversion

Hey Camping man, where did you find 2 recliners that fit and who installed them? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Side question here for those who have removed the couch; What did you do with it? I took mine out last year and it's still sitting in the shed. It seems I don't know how to sell it or even give it away.

ed
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs C Class View Post
Hey Camping man, where did you find 2 recliners that fit and who installed them? Any advice is appreciated.
I bought them at Living Spaces and put them in the MH. They are very light weight and I have not secured them to the floor. When the slide is out I just move them where I want to sit. They were less than $150 each and have an ottoman that sits in the chair when not in use. They come in black or brown. I have the black ones of course.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eieioh View Post
Side question here for those who have removed the couch; What did you do with it? I took mine out last year and it's still sitting in the shed. It seems I don't know how to sell it or even give it away.

ed
I still have mine. Wife wants to keep it in case we ever sell the MH.

Tags
replace