Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #15

Same experience when we were looking last spring / summer and the fall before for a C. Good units at fair prices sold real quick. Within days as you said. We actually got to the point that if we were thinking about looking at a unit, couldn't right away for whatever reason, and it was still unsold a week later, we didn't go look as we assumed it was bad. Yes, maybe missed a good one this way, but it seemed to play out. We actually ended up buying new. We were particular with what we wanted, I am picky on condition, and the price difference from gently used to new wasn't that great. Good luck in your search!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #16

Looked at another yeaterday. It had been and appeared to still be leaking. The tires were SHOT I have a 100 mile drive home and wouldn't have trusted them. Plywood floor patches. Could have at least tried to clean the thing up. I believe it had been sitting in the same spot for 3-4 years and they say they use it nearly every weekend.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Looked at another yeaterday. It had been and appeared to still be leaking. The tires were SHOT I have a 100 mile drive home and wouldn't have trusted them. Plywood floor patches. Could have at least tried to clean the thing up. I believe it had been sitting in the same spot for 3-4 years and they say they use it nearly every weekend.
Not sure how handy you are or if your even interested in messing with one but it can be worth while. I bought a class C for $1000 it also had a leak up front and had been sitting for 7 years. However the Chevy 350 engine ran like a champ and everything worked like the fridge stove furnace and a/c unit. I ripped out the ceiling replaced everything new and painted the inside. Cleaned the outside sealed the roof and had to replace a few brake lines but didn't have more than 500 in material. Sold it the following summer for 5k.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #18

I was thinking about it but with a full time job and running a non profitit on the side and family health issues 200 miles away. Ireally would rather have a goods night sleep.

Not to mention they wouldn't come down on their price at all and I have CASH IN HAND
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #19

Quote:
I was thinking about it but with a full time job and running a non profitit on the side and family health issues 200 miles away. Ireally would rather have a goods night sleep.

Not to mention they wouldn't come down on their price at all and I have CASH IN HAND
Keep looking you will find the perfect fit in time. Always someone that decides to get out just as often as people are trying to get in (to RVing that is)
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #20

I know they are out there I have 110 sites outside my door and live in a 40' 5er I just never would have believed a C would be less than an A
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I just never would have believed a C would be less than an A
This is an eye opener for me...I always thought that whole "A" thing meant "Almighty more expensive than anything else"!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #22

There didn't seem to be a shortage of "C"s at Quartzsite this year, there were more class "A"s but still a lot of "C"s.
I figured people who could afford $4+ a gallon for fuel would want the bigger rigs.
becida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #23

There are some really nice floor plans on the C's. They now have fiberglass roofs, air suspensions, and all the toys for a lot less than atypical entry class a.

We were going to get a Bounder 35k but when we saw our Sunseeker 3010ds we were sold. Price difference was $40,000.

We probably will go to Class A sometime after I retire. But I will use this C for at least 8 camping seasons and maybe longer.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #24

I sold my "c" on consignment at PPL before I got out of town that week. Yes it was first class w/all the goodies and A-1 shape. But they got my asking price in less than 1 week. They told me "C's" were moving very quickly. Only reason I sold it was I hate corner beds, should have known better when I bought it.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #25

Missed another one from Craigs list today. They listed it Wednesday and sold last night Friday. We were scheduled to look at it this morning .I guess I'm just going to just drop everything and run when i see one.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
What part of the country are you in? Seems like the C's around here stay on Craig's list for months.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #27

Michigan Indiana border area. Called on another that popped up last night only to find it was listed 1 day and sold

I put a class C wanted ad and the only calls I've gotten is for Class A's but a couple of nice ones dirt cheap
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #28

Well have 3 lined up just south of Grand Rapids. An hour dirve but all within a 5 mile radius. All mid 90's and one only has 20k miles so I'm a bit suspect because the guy is an RV tech??? Never know. Might have been a bunch of cleaning and polishing who knows might have been a total rebuild. It's at the dealer he works at and it's a large dealer