Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Well have 3 lined up just south of Grand Rapids. An hour dirve but all within a 5 mile radius. All mid 90's and one only has 20k miles so I'm a bit suspect because the guy is an RV tech??? Never know. Might have been a bunch of cleaning and polishing who knows might have been a total rebuild. It's at the dealer he works at and it's a large dealer
I wouldn't be deterred if it was a mid 90s and this tech got it cheap cause it needed some work. If he fixed whatever issues correctly it could be a good buy with maybe newer components or updated decor. If anyone knows how to repair it correctly he should. Don't assume it was though and get it checked out by someone outside that dealership.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #30

I own a campground so I have a pretty good idea of what to look for. I'm figuring the tires are original and want to see if it sat outdoors so everything underneath is a rust pile. $1k for new tires wouldn't bother me if the rest was good and only 20k miles . We'll know tonight. Now if theycould get this forum back to working that would be nice.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #31

I think with gas getting close to 4 bucks you'll see a lot more everything for sale!

Cheers,

George
Grmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #32

I have a friend in the RV sales business and has been for many years. He has been very successful and is considered to be straight arrow. He tells me he has a boat load of (used), gas class A rigs he can't give away right now. "C"'s are moving well. Smaller are moving, TT's are moving. As gas prices continue upward this is going to get worse.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye View Post
I have a friend in the RV sales business and has been for many years. He has been very successful and is considered to be straight arrow. He tells me he has a boat load of (used), gas class A rigs he can't give away right now. "C"'s are moving well. Smaller are moving, TT's are moving. As gas prices continue upward this is going to get worse.
Maybe its just the way I look at this but for me to pull a nice size tt I would need a 3/4 or 1 ton pick up. And it would need to be my full time vehicle putting the avg 15k miles a year going to work. Only getting about 5mpg better than an RV. Buying a class C or A and only driving it the 4 to 5k miles a year at 10mpg yet having my work car getting 34mpg seems to be the way to use less fuel for me. Imo
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #34

Looked at 3 last night all mid 90's

First one was at a used car lot and had water running across the table from a leak above the window. Liked the design but didn't want to deal at all. Had an expermintal aircraft owners sticker in the window. 96k miles

#2 Rv dealer nice unit good shape price was HIGH an they didn't want to talk even after we told them cash. 55k miles needed tires

#3 tech at RV dealer said it had been stored indoors for 20 years only had 20k miles. Celing had all been replaces walls inside cabnets hadn't been repaired.

1 more coming out of local storage in a week or 2 but starting to look at gas A's because they are giving them away
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #35

This class A caught my eye
Zombieland Special !!! Whats not to like!!

Zombieland Special living on the go.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #36

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sweet ride!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #37

Yup it takes a special person to appreciate a ride like that.

The wife said NO! and not exactly like that. I guess her sense of adventure will never get any better

If anybody can't resist and buys it I'll give you a free weekend at our place just so I can sit in it.