Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #1

Coachman Concord 300TS

Hello All. I am new to this forum. I do not presently have an RV but am considering buying a new Coachman Concord 300 TS. Does any one have have one of these that can give me some advice or feedback. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger4321 View Post
Hello All. I am new to this forum. I do not presently have an RV but am considering buying a new Coachman Concord 300 TS. Does any one have have one of these that can give me some advice or feedback. Thanks.
Hi Roger,

Welcome to the Forums

I just purchased a Concord 300DS, we are very pleased with ours. There are a few minor things, but I have taken care of most of them. We purchased the Ford based one and it drives great. What specifically are you looking for as far as advice? We looked at the TS but my wife did not like the fact the dinette seat back would limit the reclining of her seat, which is one of the reasons we went with the DS.

Aaron

Old 03-13-2016, 06:12 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Basically just wanting to find out about the quality of this make and how you like it so far. We went to Dallas yesterday and looked at them. My wife liked the DS better because of the counter space and the dinette. Probably will go with the DS. Any thing else at all that you could tell me about what you like or find a problem with would appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

Hi Roger,

I have a mod list started in the Coachmen section. It will give you an idea of some things that I feel could be improved on. Right now I am looking at the hold open strut at the top of the entry door and see a potential issue with it in the future. It is exposed to weather (they aren't really designed for that) and it is stressing the hinge due to the curved design of the door.

Overall build quality of my unit is fine, there are always a few things that need minor adjustment, these are built by humans.

Find a unit you like, then spend time with it looking at everything, open cabinets, doors and drawers, take it for a test drive, open and close the slides, then if you like the specific unit, tell them you are interested AFTER they do a PDI and you do a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). I warned them that I had a seven page list that I was going to go through. It is also the time to have them show you how everything works. I am very familiar with RV's having been messing with them for over 35 years, so there wasn't much for them to show me.

During the PDI we only found a couple of minor things, the A/B switch for the outside television was bad, meaning it would not play a DVD without going fuzzy. I told them to just ship me a new switch and we would call it good. It came in less than two weeks. I plan on putting in a better grade of A/V cable too. The ones they use from the factory are bottom of the barrel.

Another thing I discovered today, and I don't consider it a flaw, but it should have been addressed is the lack of insulation under the front fiberglass cap. Not quite sure what should have been done but there isn't any that I could see. I will be pulling the front television and taking a better look, probably adhere duct insulation to the inside of it to cut the heat.

Again quite happy with the unit and looking forward to getting many years of use out of it. For me modification is a way of life, other than my wife I can't think of anything I own that hasn't been modified in some way or another after I got it.

If money had been no object I would have probably bought a Born Free Imperial or Dynamax Isata 5.

Aaron
Old 08-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #5

Female RVing in the dark

Hi all,
I too am looking at the Coachman Concord used cause I am afraid of all the bugs everyone talks about. I will be driving alone across country and can not do these minor repairs by myself.

You all sound like you know so much about everything, I am afraid I am going to be over my head. I just want a MH that works and will not break on me while I am on the road. Do you think I should buy new? I have always hear to by newer used and let someone else take care of the bugs. Is that wrong?

I don't want to give up on my dreams, but the more I read the scared I get.

There is a web site Pissed of customers and they horror stories.

Does anyone know of a RV inspector I can hire to do an inspection, I live in South Florida (Davie to be exact).