Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #1

Coachmen Concord 300TS or Nexus 29V

We are still aways away from purchasing an RV.

But Im pretty much settled on something with a minimum of 29' and a max of 34' with opposing slide outs. Opposing slides are a *must have* for me.

I might even be convinced to get a Class A in the 29'-to-32' range with opposing slides.

I understand the Concord is a very good rig, I have not been in one, but have been reading a lot about them and I like the layout, so does the Admiral

Then I came across the Nexus Viper 29V, which is at the absolutle minimum length that I would like.

If you own either rig, would you be kind enough to post your thoughts on them, positive or negative.

Ideally, I'd like one that is 'four season'

Thanx in advance
Jmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #2

4 season is a misnomer.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #3

could you please explain why? I think heated or warmed tank and lines would be helpful in subzero weather
Old 01-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #4

Just a little. We have been camping in teen weather over night. You need to use propane heater if you want to keep your wet bays warm, or you can jump through hoops and use elec. heaters. If you are in a Class C then you more then likely restricted to 30 amp. Like I said you can do it. The tank heaters are 12 volt and the blower on the heater is 12 volt and both eat up battery reserve. Also you will burn through propane. Last Jan. where we stayed, it was low 20s most nights and elec heaters not allowed. I went through a 20 lb bottle in two and a half days. During the day it warmed into the 40s. If you ask the builder they are really 3 season. Now if you go to the Keys every winter, then yes they are 4 season.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Just a little. We have been camping in teen weather over night. You need to use propane heater if you want to keep your wet bays warm, or you can jump through hoops and use elec. heaters. If you are in a Class C then you more then likely restricted to 30 amp. Like I said you can do it. The tank heaters are 12 volt and the blower on the heater is 12 volt and both eat up battery reserve. Also you will burn through propane. Last Jan. where we stayed, it was low 20s most nights and elec heaters not allowed. I went through a 20 lb bottle in two and a half days. During the day it warmed into the 40s. If you ask the builder they are really 3 season. Now if you go to the Keys every winter, then yes they are 4 season.
what kind of LPG heater do you use, Radiant?
Old 01-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
We are still aways away from purchasing an RV.

But Im pretty much settled on something with a minimum of 29' and a max of 34' with opposing slide outs. Opposing slides are a *must have* for me.

I might even be convinced to get a Class A in the 29'-to-32' range with opposing slides.

I understand the Concord is a very good rig, I have not been in one, but have been reading a lot about them and I like the layout, so does the Admiral

Then I came across the Nexus Viper 29V, which is at the absolutle minimum length that I would like.

If you own either rig, would you be kind enough to post your thoughts on them, positive or negative.

Ideally, I'd like one that is 'four season'

Thanx in advance
The Nexus 29V at 30'8", is almost two feet longer than the 29' minimum length you're looking for.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:36 PM   #7

We have a 2017 Viper 29V and are very pleased. Bought new and had a few minor issues and resolved under warranty. Only have 15k miles on it but so far all is good. Easy to drive and comfortable. Did purchase a new mattress because of a need for more comfort.
Loony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #8

I should mention we will be going full time, we will be selling our home in New Yorkistan and leaving this over controlling/regulating state.

We would REALLY like a Super C. Renegade or a Nexus or possibly a Jayco Seneca. But those are a little out of our price range.

Anyway, The plan is to aquire either a Concord or Viper, cover the roof with Solar panels and install Lithium Ion batteries and replace the toilet with a Natures Head Composting toilet. I also want to install an instant on water heater and change the a/c over to a heat pump.

We have a plan. Its a good plan and easily obtainable. Just going to take a couple years.

Does anyone have any "cons" on either the Concord or Viper. I know a lot about each one, but no one ever talks about the stuff they don't like.

ie: not enough storage, generator to small, wrong color floors? King bed to big? whatever.

I'd like to hear the negatives. just keep in mind, there are very few things I can't fix (bragging)
Old 01-24-2019, 03:42 AM   #9

Have you looked at the Winnebage Aspect 30J it's pretty nice
Jmagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmagger View Post
Have you looked at the Winnebage Aspect 30J it's pretty nice
I will now, I get back to you later today, Thanx
Old 01-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #11

the Aspect is nice, the master does not have much in the way of cross ventilation, otherwise its a nice rig

now that I think about it, I might have to take a closer look at the Aspect?
Old 01-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
We bought a new Aspect 30J about 5 months ago. Ticked all the boxes. Opposing Slides, Duel pain windows, fiberglass roof, 15k air / heat pump, jacks, inverter, and full body paint.

Tags
coachmen