Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #15

2016 Freelander Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortsmithman View Post
Anyone have any info on the Coachmen Freelander 20CB? I checked the coachmen web site, and they have very little info on it just a floor plan. I would like to know how big is the LP tank? Also the size of the fresh, grey, and black water tanks? If anyone here knows the answer it would be appreciated. I am interested in that model because oof its size, and the fact it does not have a slideout. Gas mileage info would also be good.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-19.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	138291

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #16

YUP! I think you nailed it!

Thanks!

chuck K.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #17

would love to know what MPG your getting now. I dont think anyone has actually given info on the ACTUAL MPG
Old 09-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby123 View Post
would love to know what MPG your getting now. I dont think anyone has actually given info on the ACTUAL MPG
Hi, I was told when I bought my rig new last year it would get 10mpg, maybe 12, which would have been great. I just figured my mileage out from my last trip to Oregon with 4 fill ups. It come to 7mpg. When I told my son I was keeping the data so I could figure it out, he said, "maybe you don't want to know". He was right,, Thinking 10 mpg was better. I have a Coachman 21RS, not the 20CB. Hope this info helps.
Janice
Old 09-27-2017, 05:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasleah View Post
Hi, I was told when I bought my rig new last year it would get 10mpg, maybe 12, which would have been great. I just figured my mileage out from my last trip to Oregon with 4 fill ups. It come to 7mpg. When I told my son I was keeping the data so I could figure it out, he said, "maybe you don't want to know". He was right,, Thinking 10 mpg was better. I have a Coachman 21RS, not the 20CB. Hope this info helps.
Janice
Oh that just stinks! 10 mpg is acceptable but less than that and we can't do it. Thank you I'll look into your model to see the difference between the two. My husband's truck gets over 19 mpg towing a fully loaded TT but I really want the convenience of the RV. May have to keep researching. I'm assuming you have a gas not diesel.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby123 View Post
Oh that just stinks! 10 mpg is acceptable but less than that and we can't do it. Thank you I'll look into your model to see the difference between the two. My husband's truck gets over 19 mpg towing a fully loaded TT but I really want the convenience of the RV. May have to keep researching. I'm assuming you have a gas not diesel.
My Coachman is gas and I'm not towing anything. I love my motorhome, but am finding that there are places I go where I would like to have a car to go exploring in where I can't take or don't want to unhook my RV. If I had the confidence to drive, tow and back up a TT, I might have got one instead. I will have to look at towing a toad, but then the mileage will be less as well. I guess you have to find what works best for you. Also I'm single and towing would be much easier with two people, however there are a lot of solos out there towing. I just need to get the confidence.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #21

I own a Coachmen Orion CB20. It is the exact same base as the Freelander. The only differences are some upgraded amenities. We just got back from a 5400 mile trip from just south of Atlanta up through Rapid City South Dakota on to Yellowstone. We returned from the west of Yellowstone down through Idaho, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Then east to Oklahoma City down to Dallas then east back home. This model on the Ford Transit chassis with the 3.7 V6 is quite impressive. It has all the power you could ask for and handles smoothly. It handled great in the mountains on the smaller state highways and in the national parks.
As far as mpg, we averaged 11.5 mpg for the whole trip. However it really had more to do with speed and elevation than it does with just average mpg. On our way to rapid city. We averaged about 75 miles per hour on interstates and pretty much averaged 11 mpg. The western states have 80 to 85 mile per hour speed limits. And traffic goes much faster. As we got higher up in elevation our mpg increased. Also when we stayed between 68 to 72 mph it increased also. The speeds we averaged depended more on making schedules than just being a speed demon. We averaged about 16 mpg while in the mountains of the black hills and Yellowstone.

After our scheduled camping and sightseeing we decided to take the much longer route back. When we started we noticed that that we were averaging 14 to 15 mpg on the interstates. We were averaging speeds of 72 to 75 mph. As we got into lower elevations we noticed the mpg going down so we slowed to average of 68 mph the rest of the way home. The mpg continued to fall to 11 mpg even at slower speeds.

I found this to be somewhat interesting since everything I had read on the Ford v10 said you got the same low mpg at any speed or how heavy you were or pulling a toad.

So your mpg should be around 12.5 to 14 mpg if you travel at 60 to 65 mph. I have read of others getting this mpg even pulling a Smart car toad when keeping the speed at 62 mph.

All in all this is a very nice motorhome for any couple who are looking for nice comfort and decent mpg. But will give you plenty of power when needed or wanted.

Fjcjmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen