Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2016, 12:28 AM   #1

Coachmen Freelander 20CB

Anyone have any info on the Coachmen Freelander 20CB? I checked the coachmen web site, and they have very little info on it just a floor plan. I would like to know how big is the LP tank? Also the size of the fresh, grey, and black water tanks? If anyone here knows the answer it would be appreciated. I am interested in that model because oof its size, and the fact it does not have a slideout. Gas mileage info would also be good.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #2

Hope this helps.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/brochures/...erbrochure.pdf

Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #3

That brochure doesn't have the 20 CB yet. Probably because it's a new model.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:04 AM   #4

That is a brand new unit, I am have not seen any on the dealers' lots yet. Maybe shoot an email to Coachmen and ask about the tanks sizes. As far as mileage I would guess it is going to come with the Eco-boost V-6, given the aerodynamics (or lack there of) mileage might make the low teens versus the single digits of the bigger chassis. Again, I have not seen any of these on the markets yet. So I am SWAGing the mileage based on loaded commercial vans. I would also guess that LP tank is going to be in the 40#/9 gallon range based on similar sized RV's.

Another concern of mine would be the holding tank sizes.

Aaron
Old 02-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #5

Hi FortSmithMan!

You have awesome timing! I just made an account here on iRV2, (been a lurker for three years!)

My wife and I JUST purchased our Freelander 20CB (The first to come in at Giant Recreation World!)

We take delivery on Thursday.

There is VERY little information out there about this unit yet, no brochures yet.

Our salesman (Mark Scott from Giant Recreation World) was kind enough to connect with a Coachmen rep and got faxed over some information about the unit. I will share some of what you are looking for below, and if you'd like the whole packet, let me know and I'll be happy to scan it and send it to you!

Fresh Water - 38 Gallons
Fuel - 25 Gallons
Engine - 3.7L V6 - 275 HP / 260 Torque (Not the 3.5L ecoboost)
Expected MPG is 14-16, we will see when we pick up our unit!
AC Unit - 15,000 BTU
80" Bed in rear (no 74" shorty!)

I don't have LP, Grey or Black water capacities on hand just yet, but I'll get that info too you as soon as I have it!

- Mark Cuda
Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 AM   #6

Interesting that they opted for the non-turbo engine. Might be price point.

Aaron
Old 02-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Interesting that they opted for the non-turbo engine. Might be price point.

Aaron
Maybe! I was actually hoping it was the EcoBoost engine tbh, but then I thought about the fact that with a turbo, the engine becomes more complicated, less straightforward, more to go wrong etc.

I own a Focus ST so I'm very familiar with Ecoboosts, and the turbo manifold can be finnicky at times. Granted, that's a 2L ecoboost, but still.

So I don't think it's so bad. What frustrates me is a lack of BLUETOOTH on the radio! Insanity! Searching for other solutions currently..
Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #8

Thoughts on Coachmen 20cb

Our Jayco 26' Redhawk is more space than we need for just two people. We saw the coachmen 20cb while vacationing in Utah and liked the looks of it. Wondering if anyone has likes or dislikes they'd like to share? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #9

We are about to purchase a 20CB. Does anyone know what is under the J-Sofa/Dinette? We saw only a heat duct under the straight part under the window, but the section that sticks out was screwed down. What is under there? Water tank? 12V converter? Nothing (like the jump seat)?

Thanks if anyone can solve the mystery!!!
Jay
Old 09-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #10

I have a Coachman Freelander 21RS. My brochure shows the specs on the 20CB.
The LP is 40lbs. Fresh water, 38 gal. Water heater, 6 gal. Grey Tank, 28 gal. Black Tank 21gal. Let me know if you want any more specs. I have the whole list.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #11

I have the Freelander 21RS. The floorplan around the dinette is very similar to the 20CB, just larger. There is an outside storage compartment and the water heater under my seating area. Hope this helps.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortsmithman View Post
Anyone have any info on the Coachmen Freelander 20CB? I checked the coachmen web site, and they have very little info on it just a floor plan. I would like to know how big is the LP tank? Also the size of the fresh, grey, and black water tanks? If anyone here knows the answer it would be appreciated. I am interested in that model because oof its size, and the fact it does not have a slideout. Gas mileage info would also be good.
I have a 2011 23BB that I just purchased and I am also in need of specs. Wrote to Coachmen and simply received link to 2016 specs. Any ideas on how I can obtain usual specs for my 2011 unit?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2016, 05:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayserc View Post
I have a 2011 23BB that I just purchased and I am also in need of specs. Wrote to Coachmen and simply received link to 2016 specs. Any ideas on how I can obtain usual specs for my 2011 unit?

Thanks in advance!
does this help?

Used 2011 Coachmen RV Freelander 23BB Motor Home Class C at General RV | Huntley, IL | #107796
Old 09-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #14

I googled it and found this site. If you pick your model, you should find the specs

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2011/C...ver/Motorhomes

Tags
coachmen