Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

Coachmen Freelander shower leaking at base board

Every time we use the shower we are mopping up water off the floor in front of the shower. We are new RVers and will appreciate any help.
2bouvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #2

My first suggestion would be to stop using the shower until the source of the water on the floor is found and fixed. Water will destroy the RV in a very short time.
You could have a leak/crack in the shower pan, or in the drain or any number of places. No one on line can really help beyond offering suggestions as to where the water is coming from.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 AM   #3

?shower leaking at base board? Shower base to floor or shower frame to base then to floor???
1. IF water is on floor at shower base but not on side of base then lets assume you are saying it is coming from under the base. If so the drain trap must be loose. Should be a access plate to remove on base to gain access to trap and possibly your winterization drain valves.
2. IF water on floor at shower base but you find traces of water tracking down side of shower base. Look at door and shower enclose frame. If there is caulking inside frame sealing frame to base inside shower stall then the water runs down the glass past the glass and into metal frame then out the frame on shower base only it must run outside shower stall since caulking keeps it from running into shower stall. The glass does not fit so tight that the water does not enter the frame. Caulking must be on the frame to wall and base only at the outside portion of frame. When water is in the frame itself it must drain under the frame base inside the stall to be drained away.
3. Check the door seal at bottom of door. The seal does not have to be a tight contact but does have to extend over the base frame portion so the water drips into stall and not outside because of service tension causing water to wick out on the bottom of seal. This seal is more like a deflector with a drip edge. The water tension must release and drip not track under the bottom of door because the service tension holds the water drops rather than drip away.
*The best way to trace where the water is leaking from may be to watch shower base closely when another person is showering or with shower running. You may find with no body in the shower the spray hits a totally different portion of encloser, so leak is not there or at another location.
My Coachmen Leprechaun had the caulking (clear silicone) inside the frame. I found water inside the frame structure. Water would enter frame and exit outside since sealer prevented from running into stall. I removed frame cleaned up sealer and carefully sealed outside edge with butyl tape (like used under roof vents) and all screw holes into the wall & base. With butyl tape applied inside the frame on the outer edge so it compressed as the frame was re-installed against wall and base this formed the seal (no silicone was used) . Water is now entering stall with NO MORE wet floor.
Good Luck and be patient researching the source of your water.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:51 AM   #4

I am a new owner of a Freelander 22QBF and had the exact same problem on my very first shower use. Water ran all the way out through the kitchen. My issue was simply because the MH was not level. I had the front end down a little lower (knew it but thought i was close enough) and it caused water to pool on the front side of shower and run out both over the lip of shower glass and wall to floor, which all funneled out the front because of level.
This may not have been your issue but worth checking.
Blackjeepjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, leak, shower