Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #43

Not yet, expecting to hear from dealer today....

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Not yet, expecting to hear from dealer today....
Any news?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #45

Nor'easters Club
Maybe fireplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 319DSF View Post
Can't get a reason for the 'F' at the end.
My thought was Ford chassis.
I thought it was fireplace
Old 10-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingcape View Post
I thought it was fireplace
It means Ford chassis.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #47

Talked to dealer yesterday and he told me it was offline at the factory, but still had to get final exams. He will call me when he gets the vin# and when it's finished being inspected, he will make arrangements to go get it.
I have both fireplace and Ford, but still no "F"
Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #48

Must be dealers choice about the 'F'. Ron Ross at Coachmen verified F is for Ford chassis and C is for Chevy chassis.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #49

Sounds good to me. Maybe I'll put my own "F" on it....
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Talked to dealer yesterday and he told me it was offline at the factory, but still had to get final exams. He will call me when he gets the vin# and when it's finished being inspected, he will make arrangements to go get it. I have both fireplace and Ford, but still no "F"
Ready for delivery yet?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #51

Still haven't heard anything. Called yesterday and the salesman was on another call, but didn't call me back. I'll try again today. We are starting to get a little nervous because we have that 2 week trip planned to leave on the 26th. John H...
Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #52

I see some mention of the fireplace. My 2012 319DS has one that never worked well and being 6 hours from dealer I never pushed the issue. When I removed from cabinet to check size for replacement I discovered the fan inlet was on top of unit. The cabinet is finished inside so panel is against top of fireplace blocking inlet so I expect fan would overheat and shut down. I have cut opening in panel and added grill to insure stereo wires do not lay on fireplace. Air now is drawn easily though cabinet structure and fireplace heater keep Leprechaun over 70 at night in 28 degree lows without furnace running. Works good now. We have always used electric space heater to reduce propane use and the noise. I wonder if all Coachmen fireplaces are installed without proper air inlets? I must say cabinet is finished nicely where you cannot see it. But a hole helps a lot.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #53

I assume by now you have taken delivery of your new Coachmen Leprechaun 319ds. I have also been looking at this model and was hoping you might have some good info now that you have had your for a little while. I love the floor plan and the overall appearance of the leprechaun. I have been a little concerned by the number of complaints I have found and the implication that this is a "lower end" class c.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #54

Gerald, I made a trip within days of delivery. I haven't had a MH yet that didn't need front end alignment. Didn't have time to do it before trip, but have done so since. Trip was uneventful and MH performed well. Since returning from the trip, I winterized it and put it in storage. Now I am in the process of working out minor bugs. I checked out what pathfinder mentioned in his post above and removed fireplace and added holes in the panel above it. I replaced the cheaper TV with a Sony 40". I installed levelers after the fact and wish I would have had them installed by factory. Would have been less expensive. I also had them install tire valve extensions.

I opted for the dual recliners and didn't get the camping extra, so when I replaced the TV, I put the cheaper one outside. We really like the MH and are happy with the floor plan, which is why we picked it in the first place. My only issue was with the shower skylight letting an awful amount of light in the morning. I made a dark cover that I can Velcro to the skylight and it should take care of that problem.

I have never owned an RV that didn't need some tweaking or issues taken care of. You could buy a $1M. MH and still have something that needs adjusted or replaced. As far as entry level, to each his own. I'm happy with ours and I'm not in a financial position to spend much more on something I use infrequently. My wife and I still work and not able to make a lot of trips per year. Hopefully that will change in a couple of years and we'll be able to retire.

In my opinion, the Coachman is comparable with many other Class C RV's....
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #55
mre

John:

In previous posts in October, I discussed that I looked at your model Leprechaun and found the CCC to be low (probably just the nature of the beast). You mentioned that you would let me know what you final CCC was. I am curious to know. Anybody else that that or a larger Leprechaun, I would be curious to know.

ed
Old 02-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #56

Ed, I still haven't found that out. I haven't even found the sticker with the info that is supposed to be in one of the cabinets. It should have the weights listed. I'll try again to find it....

Tags
coachmen