Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #71

jbd20, So far we are pleased with the 319ds. We love the floor plan and is the biggest reason we bought it. It's our 4th MH and like it the best. I feel it is the same in value as any other in the same class. I think you will be satisfied. Good luck....

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #72

I am considering a Leprechaun 319 DS also and getting some good info here. I keep reading about guys ordering from the factory. Those guys are still going thru a dealer correct? Anyone dealt with the big dealer MHSRV in Alvarado Texas?

Also anyone have problems with the rear end hitting the street when you pass thru low spots?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #73

We went through a local dealer here in western PA.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #74

I bought from a dealer in Florida, they gave me a little better deal than the Texas dealers - I'm a shopper.

The rear of the 319ds is long so the potential to hit the ground is always present - you just need to avoid those potential areas. On the 2015 model and most likely all years Coachmen built two drag bars which seems to work good to protect the plumbing,etc on the bottom side.

Just a side note I moved from an A class pusher so the engine noise was something I had to adjust to and at this time I'm working on ways to quiet down the cab, it seems Ford nor Coachmen really make any effort to make the cab quiet. I can't speak about Chevy but I wanted the swivel seats the Ford chassis offered.

And thank you John for your input, you helped us make the choice for the Leprechaun 319 dsf and it really is a quality RV that has one of the most comfortable floor plans on the market, its actually more comfortable than our bigger class A that had 2 slides...

I'v had no issue with leaks. If you decide to cover the vents on top I would recommend the Fantastic Vent called Ultra Breeze - it really does give you more air flow and will keep the rain out if your vents are open.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #75

Smile Coachman Leprechaun 319 DSF

Hi everyone,
Very interested in this information re: Coachman Leprechaun 319 DSF. I was also looking at the big dealer MHSRV in Alvarado Texas. I am moving to Texas (from California) the first of October. Would like to purchase then. Should I be contacting dealers now??? Thanks for any info!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #76

You might want to check their website and see what inventory they have. With 2015's coming in they may have some bargains on new 2014's in stock. Also compare prices with other dealers, so you can bargain when you do get there....
Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #77

We are now one year into our Leprechaun, 2014. We downsized from a fantastic Holiday Rambler diesel pusher as part of our effort to simplify our lives in retirement. Just took a deep breath and jumped in. This has truly been a great experience. Great Class C with no problems. Ford service has been beyond excellent. Pulls a 2011 Jeep Liberty very comfortably. Layout and size are perfect for us. We have been doing this "Rv Thing" for 35 years and have a great deal of experience on which to base our opinions. Forgot gas millage sucks. Coachmen Leprechaun gets all A's from us.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDan2 View Post
We are now one year into our Leprechaun, 2014. We downsized from a fantastic Holiday Rambler diesel pusher as part of our effort to simplify our lives in retirement. Just took a deep breath and jumped in. This has truly been a great experience. Great Class C with no problems. Ford service has been beyond excellent. Pulls a 2011 Jeep Liberty very comfortably. Layout and size are perfect for us. We have been doing this "Rv Thing" for 35 years and have a great deal of experience on which to base our opinions. Forgot gas millage sucks. Coachmen Leprechaun gets all A's from us.
I have read that some people were getting between 9-12 mpg with there 319ds. Are you getting anywhere near this?
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #79

I am starting to see used rentals pop up for sale but they still want close to, if not more than the new ones priced in Texas, and they dont have as many options on them. This model certainly is not priced cheap.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #80

You are looking at more like 7 to 9 mpg., depending on whether or not your towing and how aggressive you drive. You might squeeze out 10 or 11 if you don't push hard and have a tail wind.....

PHDan2---Nice toad...
Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #81
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDan2 View Post
Which model do you have?

How much time to you spend in it at any given time?

ed
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #82

I'm curious if anyone has upgraded adding extra house batteries & what it took. I see in pics two batteries on a tray.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #83

I can get between 8 and 9 if I am careful. Having been a diesel person most of my life, it is hard for me not to put my foot in it. Please do get me wrong, I like this motor home a lot and will gladly adjust my driving and take what I get in gas mpg. It is truly worth it.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #84

320 Bh, We have spent up to 30 days at a time with no problem. Can not replace a 40 ft diesel pusher with 4 slides, but the cost benefit is strongly in favor of the 320 BH. More than enough room for the dog, the boss and myself. The floor plan also supports guests for a reasonable period of time.

Tags
coachmen