Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #85

Thank you, Love the Jeep Liberty as a toad. Jeep does a nice job setting their vehicles up for towing behind a motor home. Liberty is just a touch on the heavy side, but well under Mh's max. Tried to find a pre 2002 Standard Jeep Cherokee with low miles in good shape but most of them are long gone. Will stick with the liberty.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDan2 View Post
I can get between 8 and 9 if I am careful. Having been a diesel person most of my life, it is hard for me not to put my foot in it. Please do get me wrong, I like this motor home a lot and will gladly adjust my driving and take what I get in gas mpg. It is truly worth it.
Ford or Chevy? On my Ford, same model as yours, the best I have gotten is almost 8 and that was keeping my speed around 55-60 for long periods of time...otherwise - 7 to 7.5...all the above not towing anything.

Either way - that is very good. And you are right...drive it like you would your diesel and you get what you get.

cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #87

Ford, Love the v-10 and our dealer has a dedicated motor home service manager. Can be pricey but great to work with someone who understands motor homes. Of course my best mpg is flatland highway. The mpg moves south quickly in stop and go or on hills.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #88

I, too, love the V-10. It is my 4th MH with it. Never a problem. I've heard it said, "If you can afford the MH, you should be able to afford to put gas in it". That's not to say we like better mileage, but it is 14,500 lbs moving at 65 mph.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #89

I agree with the gas mileage saying but we still want the best mileage we can get. I will use mine towing and going up & over the local San Diego mountains to get to the desert. My current 89 Tioga takes about a 1 1/4 tanks to get out there & back which is approx 350-400 miles and my tank is 45 gal. So it sounds like the V-10 should be about the same amount of gas but it has a little bigger tank. However, the V-10 should not have to work quite as hard as the V-8 and will probably climb the hill easier.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #90

If your towing and going over mountains and up and down hills, you will burn extra fuel, but I'm sure you'll be impressed with the V-10 performance. It does run at a higher RPM, but that's where it gets it's torque.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #91

Just installed a Airlift 7200 wireless air system on my 320 BH. Since the 320 comes with manual fill rear air bags, it becomes another item to check and fill every time you take the motor home out. Have never had an air system that did not loose some air over time. Installing the Airlift on the Leprechaun 320 BH is a do it yourself project with about a mid range skill level required. If you have worked with air before it is much easier. It tucks easily into the drivers side storage at the back end of the motor home. Fits nicely on the shelf and can be wired into the converter for power. The controller is wireless and has a separate read out for the air bag on each side. You can adjust the air pressure for each side separately. The wireless control works great from the cab allowing you to check pressure and change pressure as needed. It also has an air dump feature for anyone contemplating leveling jacks on a 320 BH. Equipment runs just under $400. Takes about 4 hours to install if you take you time. There is no question that the 320 Bh drives better with the correct pressure in the rear air bags.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
If your towing and going over mountains and up and down hills, you will burn extra fuel, but I'm sure you'll be impressed with the V-10 performance. It does run at a higher RPM, but that's where it gets it's torque.
Yeah , you use a little more gas climbing hills but you save gas on the downside of the mountains. So it evens out.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #93

Question choachman leprechaun 319DSF ( 2014)

I'm picking up Mine 2014 in 10 days never had one before any ideas what I should do frist and dos anyone know of a place to buy the floor rugs thst fit it ....
Old 12-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #94

Be sure dealer gives you a great explanation of all the systems and see that they work.

Not sure about carpets.....
Old 12-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jausha51 View Post
I'm picking up Mine 2014 in 10 days never had one before any ideas what I should do frist and dos anyone know of a place to buy the floor rugs thst fit it ....
The Big Boss picked the rugs up at Lowes. Found everything we needed in just the right colors. Step covers came from Camping World. John H is correct your first introduction to the MH should come from your dealer. This is also a good test of the quality of your dealer. If they take their time and walk you through the unit and show you how everything works, you have a winner. Coachmen does a better job of building these motor homes than they are often given credit for. Their owners manual leaves a lot of gaps in the information you will need. Learning to use all of the systems and taking care of the motor home is part of the fun of ownership. Take it on a local shakedown camping trip as soon as you can and try everything to see if and how it works. When in doubt asked a neighbor camper for help. In 30 year I have never run into a camper who did not want to help. Finally, there is a huge about of great info right here and on the internet. Be patient learn everything you can about the MH and have a blast.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #96

I have a 2015 319DSF, and I work at a wholesale carpet warehouse in Dalton. Ga so I had our rug guys do a pattern for the chassis. Mine fits nicely so i could get you a price for a custom fit chassis area rug - not promoting business here but it was a process to get the pattern. For the camper/living area you can get a thin carpet(25oz face weight max or the slide will hang on it) cut into a rug - what I have in mine and seems to fit that area nicely is 13’2”x3’5”. Your slide will cover part of this rug when in and most of the floor will be covered when it is out. Do not get a thick carpet or your slide will hang up on it - ask me how I know Hope this helps - I think you'll really enjoy your new Coachmen.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #97

CCC?

I'm gathering that CCC has something to do with how much weight beyond the dry weight can you add to the MH. I still don't know what it stands for!

That low weight amount does seem a little worrisome but we've tried as hard as we can not to buy the 2015 319DSF and we can't find another model or brand that turns us away from the 319.

Looking to buy soon but we will have to order our unit and I'm of course worried that they will say 4-8 weeks and it will turn into 12-24 weeks!

We think we want the Camping Cozy package (dual pane windows, upper knife valve, whatever that is) along with a host of other options and you can't find that on a lot. We also like the Stormy Night full body paint and the Sunset interior, which is nowhere to be found together either. Need the swivel seats and recliners, and exterior kitchen (the first thing we thought was cool about this. I mean, I don't want to stay inside all the time!).

My thought was the dual pane windows should reduce condensation in colder weather.

Any input on such things as the Cozy package, the full body paint, or anything else is appreciated.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #98

Ike, You would have a very hard time finding a MH that has a large carrying capacity, other than maybe a DP. It doesn't take much to overload them, so you have to be careful. An example would be things like paper plates and plastic or Styrofoam cups, etc. Only fill the fresh tank with enough water to use while on the road, unless you dry camp. Load it like you would want to use it and then get it weighed to see how close your are to gross.

Upper knife valve, I have no clue. Never heard of it. Maybe I should have one. lol. Just know that every option like double pane windows will add to your empty weight and deduct from your carrying capacity. Are you going to full time in it? Will you be camping in cold weather much?

We don't use the swivel seats much, but love the recliners. CCC, Combined Carrying Capacity. Total weight of MH gross, plus max you can tow.

Tags
coachmen