Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Ike, You would have a very hard time finding a MH that has a large carrying capacity, other than maybe a DP. It doesn't take much to overload them, so you have to be careful. An example would be things like paper plates and plastic or Styrofoam cups, etc. Only fill the fresh tank with enough water to use while on the road, unless you dry camp. Load it like you would want to use it and then get it weighed to see how close your are to gross.

Upper knife valve, I have no clue. Never heard of it. Maybe I should have one. lol. Just know that every option like double pane windows will add to your empty weight and deduct from your carrying capacity. Are you going to full time in it? Will you be camping in cold weather much?

We don't use the swivel seats much, but love the recliners. CCC, Combined Carrying Capacity. Total weight of MH gross, plus max you can tow.
Thanks for the info John. You are starting to make me think a lot about the options we think we have to have!

I'm assuming that if overloaded the unit seems to handle funny or something? Obviously there are probably tons of cars, trucks, and RV's out there that are over their specified limits without the owners even knowing.

My guess on that knife valve is that since it's part of the Camping Cozy cold weather package that it facilitates opening and closing the holding tanks, but I'm not sure. Just a guess....

I love to dry camp and I don't want to skimp on carrying water or even have to think about it, to be honest.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #100

It is easy to overload an RV and you are probably correct saying there are a lot on the road overloaded. The problem is when you might have an accident and your insurance co. finds you were overloaded.

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #101

Hello Ike, I did get the camping cozy package and the fire opal full paint - don't really know what the upper knife valve is but I don't winterize. The dual pane windows are nice and not only help in winter but also in summer heat.
I'll 2nd Johns comment - the recliners are very comfortable, but remember you do loose the sleeper sofa. You will prbly only use the swivel seats when you have 4 or more people but you will really enjoy them when you have a larger crowd since you have more living area seats.
Just a note if you get the fireplace make sure it comes with a vent from the step well, mine didn't have that and I will have to take it in to have it added - they don't have enough air flow to function properly if you don't have the inlet vent.
Haven't had the opportunity to use the external kitchen just yet but I'm like you, that was an option I really like.
First thing I did was put LED's throughout coach and it has worked nicely, you can order from ebay for around $3-4 per bulb Here is the ones I used after much research(10x Dome Bulb 24-5050 SMD LED Super Bright,Warm White +Adapter(BA9S+T10+Festoon)) but make sure you get the T10 adapters from the supplier for 13+ volts or they'll burn too hot -just send them a question about that b4 ordering.
You'll love the floor plan it is very comfortable - I haven't found anything that comes close. I ordered mine in April '14 and got delivery in July. The 2016's will prbly be out soon but wouldn't really expect much change. If you order make sure you tell them you want 2 cabinets in the bathroom and they should accommodate you, they did me. I may be one of those guys who are overloaded most of the time, if I am it doesn't seem to affect the drive or ride but can't address the insurance issue. I will prbly check into that more- thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #102

After reading some posts about the fireplace, I took mine out and made some large openings above the fireplace to allow air in and it works fine.

I would like to put a medicine cabinet in the bathroom if I could get one to match. Beyond that, we love the floor plan. I switched out the cheaper TV inside and replaced it with a Sony and put the other one outside.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #103

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
John H, saw the same unit at the ST. Louis Rv show, two weeks ago. I love it.Love it. With the recliners. Too cool. I left my checkbook at home, on purpose. A good thing I did, or it would be outback right now. I have this fin ancial plan in my head that I am making myself stick to. This will be so much better in just one year. I can wait. But I don't want to. The coach has so many neat features. Like you I can hardly wait for the year to bo by.
Congrats on the new coach.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Bill----WWJU
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #104

woodworker, What difference does a year make. You only live once.
I'm hoping to retire this year and maybe do some serious traveling next year. It's about time designers woke up and put the TV across from where you sit. Always hated looking sideways at a TV. We have 2 recliners at our stick & brick house, so we really feel at home in the 319...
Old 02-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #105

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
HI John H, I am starting to weaken. LOL. One of the reasons, I have for waiting a year. My sister is the driver. I have poor vision, and she doesn't want that much excitement in the trip, if I drive. LOL. And she can't retire till the end of April '16. So a new unit will just sit most of the time. Now I have to decide if I want to sell mine myself, or use it for a trade in. It would be less of a hassle if I used it for a trade in. But wondering what the heck I would get for it as a trade in. Time will tell. I am reading everything I can on this unit. It seems to have everything that I would want in a unit. I would also go for the Cosy upgrade. To many cool nights around here, really like the outside slide out table. That is a must have for me. I will also have a leveling system installed on it, probably the Big Foot automaitic. Sure is fun to plan and dream.
Safe Travels.
Bill----WWJU
Old 02-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #106

You would be better off selling yours. If you have to wait till next year to get your dream RV, you'll have a year to sell it. Although I don't have a problem with mine sitting. I know it's there. Hoping to retire this year and be able to use it more next year. I had my jacks installed after purchase, but wish I would have ordered them when I bought it. Cost more for installation from dealer. Keep dreaming and you may end up with one sooner than you think....
Old 02-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #107

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi John H. I dream about having one almost every waking moment. LOL. For sure, as I feel right now, there is one in my future. Just don't know when.As you said than I think.
Good luck on the retirement. Its one of the best gigs there is. No more bosses, no more schedule, come and go as you please. And when traveling no firm return date. I am 70, in my 15th year of retirement. It has been a blast for all these years. I know that I have been so blessed to be able to retire t hat young. But at that time there was also a health issue involved in my decision. I was making a ton of money, but money is not everything.
Hope you are able to retire this year, and get some serious miles on your Leprechuan.
God Bless
Safe Travels.
Bill----WWJU
Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #108

Thanks Bill, I'll be 70 in April. Winding down a family business and can't leave until all assets are gone. I hope to have that accomplished by the end of this year. I'm the last of three generations in our Construction business. Life is too short to wait for things you would like to have...
Old 03-03-2015, 06:25 AM   #109

Hello Folks, have been reading this thread. Wife and I have been looking at motorhomes for about 3 months ( have had a Class A in the past and have a couple of travel trailers now that our kids and their families seem to have taken over).Have looked at about all class C's and We keep coming back to the 300TS Concords and the 320 BH or 319 DSF Leps. leaning pretty heavily towards the 319DSF and plan to make a 5 hour drive from S.Texas to Alvarado as soon as they aren't getting freezing rain etc. to pull the trigger on one of the above units. Anything more than what you have posted so far would sure help with the decision, I'm still worried about leaks (lots posted on forums in past years). Also will be towing 2014 Jeep Rubicon 4dr. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #110

jnr, We love our 319 because we really liked the floor plan. That is probably the most important factor. Get one with a floor plan that suits your needs. Other features are pretty much the same. Have not had any problems with roof leaks. Keep it clean and check for cracks or troubles spots a few times a year. Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you get....
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #111

Will do John. On the leaks it's not so much roof leaks, it's the big nose cap over the cab. Have read lots of leak stories on the various Lep models .
Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #112

They almost all have a joint between cap and house box. This is one of the areas you have to check occasionally. I had a Class A that I had to seal several times, but never leaked, but if let go, it may have.

Tags
coachmen