Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr0104 View Post
Hello Folks, have been reading this thread. Wife and I have been looking at motorhomes for about 3 months ( have had a Class A in the past and have a couple of travel trailers now that our kids and their families seem to have taken over).Have looked at about all class C's and We keep coming back to the 300TS Concords and the 320 BH or 319 DSF Leps. leaning pretty heavily towards the 319DSF and plan to make a 5 hour drive from S.Texas to Alvarado as soon as they aren't getting freezing rain etc. to pull the trigger on one of the above units. Anything more than what you have posted so far would sure help with the decision, I'm still worried about leaks (lots posted on forums in past years). Also will be towing 2014 Jeep Rubicon 4dr. Thanks in advance!
We settled on a Jayco Melbourne after all was said and done. It's due in to the Fort Collins CO area dealer in early April. The nicer outside look and more streamlined look (and supposedly better handling) is why we went that way. The Concorde would be Coachmen's version of that I believe. Funny thing is, for so long I was certain on the 319 but later decided to go back and look at Jayco again. There's a local dealer which is better and Jayco's quality seems up there. We had looked at a Greyhawk before, which is what set the whole thing in motion months ago. There is only one model and a couple of options with the Melbourne which makes the decision easier! The kitchen is not as nice as the 319 and that is perhaps the largest drawback of our choice. Like the Concorde, there's no overhanging cab portion. In the Melbourne that area is the entertainment zone. There are three slide-outs.

Check one out. Jayco's website is nice I think. You might convert. I used one I found new at a dealer in CA to make our offer, even tallying up the costs to get it. Then made an offer almost $10,000 below their first price. They took it. They had given us two prices on Greyhawk models. The three models (both Greyhawks and the Melbourne) have similar MSRP but for some reason (probably dealer knew we were more interested in the Melbourne once I brought it up!) the Melbourne came in at a higher percentage over MSRP than the other two. I offered less or I go to CA! My wife was almost disappointed to not have to go out there!

Mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #114

Congrats to you.

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #115

I know this thread is old but I'm actually looking for Leprechaun owners that have had theirs for a while.

Anyone have a "long term review" they can share? I really like the floor plan of the 319MB (I think it is). Can't seem to find that floor plan anywhere else with the recliners across from a TV and fireplace.

But so many items seem so cheap. And my standards aren't too high I don't think. We're coming from a FR Surveyor which seems middle of the road to me quality wise.

The Leprechauns bathroom fan?? Give me a break.

But I can work with a few things and upgrade. But the durability long term is something I'd love to hear about, please.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyCampr View Post
I know this thread is old but I'm actually looking for Leprechaun owners that have had theirs for a while.

Anyone have a "long term review" they can share? I really like the floor plan of the 319MB (I think it is). Can't seem to find that floor plan anywhere else with the recliners across from a TV and fireplace.

But so many items seem so cheap. And my standards aren't too high I don't think. We're coming from a FR Surveyor which seems middle of the road to me quality wise.

The Leprechauns bathroom fan?? Give me a break.

But I can work with a few things and upgrade. But the durability long term is something I'd love to hear about, please.
Not sure what long term is but we have had our 320Bh since 2013 and have put 25,000 miles on it. We moved to the Leprechaun from a Holiday Rambler Ambassador diesel pusher. We spend the winters traveling through the southern states, Florida and Texas then back to NJ and the summer month taking week trips in the north east. We have had 0 problems with the Coachmen including the bathroom fan. Everything has worked fine and we enjoy the huge savings we get by owing a class C. Our local Ford garage does the service on it willingly. We have only required regular scheduled service. We enjoy everything about this class C and it is very near the top of our list of the best Motorhomes we have owned over the last 35 years of camping. Sure, there are better and more expensive motorhomes but the Leprechaun has been great for us in all respects.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:39 PM   #117

PhDan, this is great, thank you. More than a year is long term enough for me. I see a lot of posts where folks have had theirs for 2 weeks and rave about it. I was just wanting to hear from folks who have had theirs long enough for the honeymoon to wear off.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:44 AM   #118

Owned a 320BH for about 2 1/2 years. This was our first MH. My only thing I didn't like was the bathroom - because this was a BH model, we lost considerable space. The shower - aka corncob shower - was horrible. Coachmen made some improvements on this model but still a small shower. Other models have a larger shower. Other items in the coach are similar - over all a good conservatively priced coach.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #119

We have a 2014 319DS and love it. Bought it new in 2014 and bought it because we thought the floor plan was great. Big TV across from dual recliners. We are trying to sell it now to down size, but will really miss it. Advertised on Dreamfinders.com

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen