Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #1

Coachmen Leprechaun

I sold our BT Cruiser 2 weeks ago and just ordered from the factory a 2014 Leprechaun 319DS with dual recliners and the fireplace. Told me it would take about 6 weeks for delivery. Can hardly wait to get it.

Anyone out there have one that can give me some input? Thanks...

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
I sold our BT Cruiser 2 weeks ago and just ordered from the factory a 2014 Leprechaun 319DS with dual recliners and the fireplace. Told me it would take about 6 weeks for delivery. Can hardly wait to get it.

Anyone out there have one that can give me some input? Thanks...
I just bought the 320BHS a few weeks ago. Love it. Some minor issues but understand they all some things that need to go back for service on. My first MH and on a small run gas mileage(6.1) was lower than what I expected. I have been told to keep my foot out of it so will do so the next round. That V-10 has some get up and go if you let....and can be very thirsty when doing so. Other lessons learned was around the heat build up on those 95+ summer days with no shade. Reflectix is my friend. It helps alot.

I will be looking for your updates.

cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #3

I ordered my 2013 Leprechaun 319DSF in August, 2012. Took until early November to get it. Don't be surprised if yours takes longer than you were told.
Got mine w/o the recliners and fireplace.
Really like the layout and all the counter space. It's a sweet motorhome.
Make sure they give you a thorough walk thru to demonstrate everything.
Ask about airing up tires, how to use generator, refrigerator, stove and microwave.
Ask them to show you the low point drains and the water heater water line (for winterization) valve.
Some problems I had to have them correct:
-door panel under sink had rough edge on top like router was pulled away before it finished
-window shades wouldn't keep their pleats when raised
-dual coach batteries were bad and had to be replaced
-mattress provided was 3-4" thick and too hard to sleep on. Hope you went with upgraded mattress option (I bought a memory foam mattress for replacement)
-keep and eye on Firestone Ride-Rite air bags as mine leaked air
-steering wheel is slick so I bought a stretch over cover for it. Makes driving much easier.
-make sure all three of your water inlets outside are labeled with decals. One of mine was missing.
-if you have any questions/problems contact Ron Ross at Coachmen. He's Class C service and warranty manager and is very knowledgeable and helpful.
If you have any questions, I'd be glad to share my 10 months experience with the Leprechaun with you.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. This will be my fourth V-10, so I am familiar with the fuel economy, but I love the engine. Hard to keep your foot out of it. I know it might not be delivered in time. They said six weeks which is the middle of Oct. and we have a trip planned for the end of Oct. If we don't get it before the snow flies, we could have waited till spring to buy it.
I will be checking things closely when it does come in. All manufacturers seem to have trouble with QC.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #5

319DSF, I asked the dealer and he didn't know. Maybe you can tell me what the "F" stands for in the DSF. DS was double slide.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 319DSF View Post
- Ask them to show you the low point drains and the water heater water line (for winterization) valve.
-window shades wouldn't keep their pleats when raised
-keep and eye on Firestone Ride-Rite air bags as mine leaked air
It's interesting that they water heater is not easily accessible as it is under the counter top next to sink behind a panel with 6 screws. Mine seems to be PROPANE ONLY? Is that normal these days - wouldn't have thought so - perhaps I need to investigate

Window shades seems to be poorly designed as the pleats don't play fair on any of my windows. In fact the 2 of the screws in the same window that secure the drawstrings were both stripped out - I opted to repair myself to prevent subsequent damage to the shade itself.

Were you Ride-Rites leaking from the bags or the hose? I need to re-check my right side as I suspect slow leakage(ie...faster than the left side).

I have a service appointment with my dealer(back over in Houston) for the 26th for my shower issues(leaks around the base).

Sorry to dog-pile on this thread but you tickled my funny bone with your comments.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #7

Not sure what's normal for water htr., but I got the dual propane and electric.

I too opt to do my own repairs, then you know how it's fixed....
Old 09-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post

It's interesting that they water heater is not easily accessible as it is under the counter top next to sink behind a panel with 6 screws. Mine seems to be PROPANE ONLY? Is that normal these days - wouldn't have thought so - perhaps I need to investigate

Window shades seems to be poorly designed as the pleats don't play fair on any of my windows. In fact the 2 of the screws in the same window that secure the drawstrings were both stripped out - I opted to repair myself to prevent subsequent damage to the shade itself.

Were you Ride-Rites leaking from the bags or the hose? I need to re-check my right side as I suspect slow leakage(ie...faster than the left side).

I have a service appointment with my dealer(back over in Houston) for the 26th for my shower issues(leaks around the base).

Sorry to dog-pile on this thread but you tickled my funny bone with your comments.
They replaced the hose to my left side ride-rite air bag.
Window shades were replaced under warranty (remains to be seen if replacements are any better).
Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #9

From the outside it looks like the water heater is next to the refrigerator. Also I am getting the day -night shades. Maybe they are different than yours. Hope your new ones work....
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
From the outside it looks like the water heater is next to the refrigerator. Also I am getting the day -night shades. Maybe they are different than yours. Hope your new ones work....
Yeap - my Hot Water Heater is def gas only. No eletric connections even though I have a junction box right below. Oh well - Wiring wouldn't be right to the panel any ways if I ever swap(+10 years or so). By then maybe the on demand will be main stream.

John H - let us know how your D/N shades work out. That could interest me one day.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #11

I've never had Day-Night shades before in any of the RV's. Looking forward to see how they work. I know the blinds were a pain after a while. The strings would fray and the blinds would sometimes bend or kink.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #12

V 10 mileage

I have a 2011 Leprechaun, I have had it for 2 summers and really enjoy it. Like everybody else, I did have minor issues, the biggest being water leaks in the cab over. My mileage is about 9 mpg if I set the cruise at 55. Mine is the SS model and when the slide is out the room is great. My dealer is 365 miles away, so I do not rely on them, I have called Ron Ross and he is very helpful. I hope you enjoy your motor home as much as I do mine.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #13

Thanks, I am really anxious to get it. Sure hope I don't have any leaks....
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
mre

We are looking at motorhomes (both Class A's and C's). A class C that really caught our interest is the Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS or a 317SA V-10. Based on your guy's experience with this or any other Class C, what can we expect in the way of MPG towing the 4000-4200 lbs vehicle?
I noticed that the 319 and 317 are on longer chassis that comparable models (which is one of the things I find attractive) and was wondering how is stability? I have read allot about Class A's, and many install a Track Bar system and some sort of steering stabilizing system? Any thoughts or experience with these?
What is the approximate CCC and does that figure include water? I also intend to get a generator. I know options affect CCC, so a ballpark figure or range is fine.
I have studied Class A's to death and have friends/acquaintances with both gas and diesel and have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but I have met no one with extended travel experience in a Class C. I know there out there.
We currently have a 33' HH 5th wheel with 3500 Chevy D/A dually and have two trucks and tow 5ers in 11 years. Both 5ers were higher end vehicles. We love the living space of the 5er and the truck tows and runs like a dream, but because of vision problems, my wife really can't drive the truck solo. We have several medical incidents on the road (her) in somewhat remote areas and if we had to wait for EMS, it would just drag out the whole process out. So being able to drive out for medical attention makes the whole process quicker. So far, I have been lucky that nothing has happed to me. So as we advance in years, we are looking for a motorhome to tow a vehicle she can drive.
Any help or info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ed

Tags
coachmen