Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #1

Coachmen Leprechaun 310bh slide in, narrow hall and J shaped dinette with table pole

I need help. Considering purchase of a 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 310BH but out of state and I have never been in one. Can't find one locally.

All the pictures show the slides out so I need some info and preferably pictures from an owner please.

1. How narrow is hallway in front of bunks near the restroom door when slides are in and closed? Can you access restroom while slide is closed and in and underway?
2. Can someone actually sit in the lower bunk sofa (of the two bunk beds) in the seatbelts while under way with that slide in and closed? Seems great for kids.
3. The J dinette arrangement seems great for seating and conversation but is the single pole dinette table stable or does it wobble under way? All my prior dinette tables were mounted to the outside wall and very stable for reading a laptop or playing cards, etc.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages you have found with the J dinette arrangement?

Thank you so much!
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 07:11 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Tell the dealer to go close the slides and text you some photos.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #3

Mine is a different model, but I am pretty sure you can have access to the bathroom with the slide close. Also, yes I think there should be no problem seating on the dinette while driving.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #4

We have a Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS with the slides in you can access the bathroom with no problem. It also has the single pole dinette and it is very stable more stable then the side attached tables we had in our class A’s. We love the Ford E450 with the 6 speed transmission.
Jackhal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #5

Leprechaun usability with slides in

[QUOTE=Jackhal19;4016937]We have a Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS with the slides in you can access the bathroom with no problem. It also has the single pole dinette and it is very stable more stable then the side attached tables we had in our class A’s. We love the Ford E450 with the 6 speed transmission.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the response. I see that your model has the j dinette. Can you tell me a bit more about your 260Ds. First, does the bedroom have a door?
Second, can you use the bedroom bed when underway? Or is it folded and useless?
Do you have the 4 door side by side refrigerator? With the slide in/closed, can you open the refrigerator? It seems like it would hit the small counter island when slide is in and closed (at least on the 2018 model 260DS).
IS that 4 door fridge they offer gas/electric or is it residential AC only?
Thank you!
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Iluvuk - we had the same model in the Freelander - no sofa in the bottom bunk, but I can tell you that the bathroom is definitely accessible with the slide closed and underway. The door opens just past halfway, but it’s enough to get in to take care of business.
2019 Coachmen Mirada 35BH; 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MBS (Traded); 2015 Coachmen Freelander 32BH (Traded); 2011 Coachmen Freelander 31SS (Traded); 2005 TrailCruiser 30SS (Traded); 1999 Forest River Flagstaff (25') (Traded)
Jcf0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #7

[QUOTE=iluvuk;4017702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhal19 View Post
We have a Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS with the slides in you can access the bathroom with no problem. It also has the single pole dinette and it is very stable more stable then the side attached tables we had in our class A’s. We love the Ford E450 with the 6 speed transmission.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the response. I see that your model has the j dinette. Can you tell me a bit more about your 260Ds. First, does the bedroom have a door?

Second, can you use the bedroom bed when underway? Or is it folded and useless?

Do you have the 4 door side by side refrigerator? With the slide in/closed, can you open the refrigerator? It seems like it would hit the small counter island when slide is in and closed (at least on the 2018 model 260DS).

IS that 4 door fridge they offer gas/electric or is it residential AC only?

Thank you!

Hi ilivuk, Ti answer your questions: It does have a sliding pocket door between the bedroom and the rest of the coach. No you can’t use the bed underway as the bed foils in 2 when the bedroom slide comes in, but the bed is a queen and very comfortable. Our rig has a 2 door refrigerator that is gas/electric, however, a 4 door residential refrigerator is a option. I’m not sure if they offer a 4 door gas/electric refrigerator. You can access the refrigerator with the slide in, however you can’t access the microwave with the slide in. The counter space is small but very functional. I like the 3 burner stove with oven that the sprinter don’t have. We really like the duel recliners and having the U dinette. When the slides are out it’s very roomy for a 27’ rig. The E450 V-10 and 6 speed transmission is great with the tow mode which acts like a jake brake going down steep grades. I also like the auto levers, put the button and it does it all. I noticed the Leprechaun 260DS with the Chevy doesn’t have the auto levers. We really like the Leprechaun which is saying a lot seeing our previous rig was a 40’ Itasca Horizon diesel pusher! Good luck in your search!
Jackhal19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, slide